jcarle's Utilities

Well done jcarle!!

My personal favorite (next to WUD of course :thumbup ) is Compression Bin. These little utils are [b][u]highly[/b][/u] appreciated!

Edited by Anderz

[quote name='Tarun' post='546346' date='Aug 11 2006, 03:55 PM']Does WUD detect already installed updates?

Also, what information does it transfer?[/quote]
Nope - WUD just downloads the updates at the moment. It doesn't install them for you, but it just gives you an easy way to download all the updates you need.

It doesn't send out any information - it just requests the update files from the Microsoft servers.

WUD does only HTTP downloads based off the lists it has. It's the equivalent of clicking around microsoft.com by yourself. It's mostly useful for people that want to integrate Windows updates into their Windows CD.

WUD 2.2 released...

I did another complete re-write of the code to resolve an issue where cpu usage would run very high during downloads. CPU usage is now much lower with the revisions written in.

Using folder, the selected folder should be ended with a "/". I had t edit "WUD.settings" file by changing [quote]<DownloadPath value="I:\WindowsUpdates" />[/quote]by [quote]<DownloadPath value="I:\WindowsUpdates\" />[/quote]

[quote name='mdes' post='546986' date='Aug 13 2006, 01:31 PM']Using folder, the selected folder should be ended with a "/". I had t edit "WUD.settings" file by changing [quote]<DownloadPath value="I:\WindowsUpdates" />[/quote] by [quote]<DownloadPath value="I:\WindowsUpdates\" />[/quote][/quote]
It really doesn't matter. The application will append the backslash automatically if missing.

@others re: downserver... i notified my host, should be fixed soon. Edited by jcarle