sp2 came in the mail today!

j4ever

You mean the update alone (266 MB)?

If so, does it contain anything else as well? Also, is any other language on the CD?

Were you part of the SP2 roadshow webcasts? (if so, the CD you got would be RC2).

Or did you have to register somewhere for getting SP2 delivered - if so, what is the site address?

Mine came in the mail as well. Big surprise since the page where you can order the CD isn't accepting orders. When I originally ordered the CD, I believe that page was being tested. I used the link from this thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=23389&st=230

If I knew I was actually going to receive a CD so quickly, I wouldn't have spent the 14 hours downloading.

Here's a list of the files on the CD. It's the English version btw... (VRMSP_EN)

sp2.txt

Haha... Purolator rang the **** door phone this morning at 8 AM... All the phones in the house were ringing! :wacko: Then my mom went to answer, and she got it, came up to my room, and said, "Its for you!" and threw two packages onto my bed! :P

I'm expecting another two at my dad's office! :P

yeah i ordered it when the order page first came out.  later somebody said that that page was just a test page.  i guess they were wrong!

oh, i see..

I have seen that page too when it is out firstly, but then it is closed to order XP SP2 CD.

I will download it because SHAW cable modem speed is 200KB/s.

They also included an extra SP2 disc the the Sep. MSDN shipment I got today with intructions to share it with friends and family. Gotta be the first disc Microsoft in a while that didn't have the "Do Not Copy" label on it. :)

Cheers

Gotta be the first disc Microsoft in a while that didn't have the "Do Not Copy" label on it. :)

Cheers

Exactly what I was thinking! :lol: First disc that Microsoft releases that tells you to *SHARE* it with your friends and family! Watch M$ start suing people for distributing the CD! :P

Oh yeah, just received another two copies of the CD at my dad's office! ;) Purolator, of course!