Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

What is this file type -- .ace

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

LS_Dragons

LS_Dragons

• PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
I have learned about .iso and .rar files and used various software to decode/unzip/burn etc. I have downloaded a file of the type .ace and am not sure how to open/extract -- you know what I mean. Cause I don't. I am sure the super experts on this forum can point me in the right direction....

THANKS!!!!!!!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

XPerties

XPerties

MSFN OG Senior

• Patrons
  • 2,994 posts
.ace is just another type of rar file. Its another way of ripping large games or apps. You can use certain rar apps to unzipp them if they support it or you can get a program called winace.

ht*p://www.winace.com/

-Chris

You want some Glock with that?
★ :::: Xbox Live GamerTag = ScreamingSkulls

LS_Dragons

LS_Dragons

• PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
Thank Chris...
After making my post, I transferred the file to my 'main' system and tried to open with my favorite archiver app - PowerArchiver and preato - there it was. Then looked in PowerArchiver (highly recommended) Help and .ACE was listed along with a dozen other formats.

PS - this is a great forum - glad I stumbled across it a few weeks ago

LS

FthrJACK

FthrJACK

I am a PC...

• Patrons
  • 3,394 posts
ace is just winace's compression format, like zip, rar, gzip tar etc etc etc, some other aplications will open ace file, but sometimes you may have a problem opening them ( eg.. if its made with a newer version of winace than your program is made for ) i which case get winace and open it.

ht*p://www.winace.com

i use winace and winrar they do everything your ever going to need :cool:

Aaron

Aaron

The MSFN Banana

• Patrons
  • 5,767 posts
WinRAR 2.90 Final is out

ht*p://www.rarsoft.com

Hope it supports Winace's 2.xx compression athorigms now, if it does, then winace is coming off my system! :)

XPerties

XPerties

MSFN OG Senior

• Patrons
  • 2,994 posts
[b:14bc9b0f2d]LS_Dragons[/b:14bc9b0f2d] - Power achciver is the BEST!. I just wish I could find a fix for it...Never come across it.Ive been using it for a long time!

-Chris:multiblob

LS_Dragons

LS_Dragons

• PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
Xperties - what kind of fix. I have never had any problems with the version I use - Power Archiver 2001 (ver 6.1.0) Seems to play well with XP as well......

Aaron

Aaron

The MSFN Banana

• Patrons
  • 5,767 posts
He means a trial evaluation fix, in other words... a *cough* crack *cough*

LS_Dragons

LS_Dragons

• PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
:eek: AAronXP - my bad! You know - I never realised that there might be more to powerarchiver than I was using. I guess I have the 'shareware' version and never thought about going to the website and looking at the t's & c's. For all the use I have gotten out of it, I might go ahead and pay the 20 bucks for the key (perhaps with a key some enterprising folks on this forum could share?)

XPerties

XPerties

MSFN OG Senior

• Patrons
  • 2,994 posts
uhh...I think the plane flew over someones head:rolleyes:
Hey if you pay the money then you can give us the key...hehe

-Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users