What is this file type -- .ace

LS_Dragons

I have learned about .iso and .rar files and used various software to decode/unzip/burn etc. I have downloaded a file of the type .ace and am not sure how to open/extract -- you know what I mean. Cause I don't. I am sure the super experts on this forum can point me in the right direction....

THANKS!!!!!!!

.ace is just another type of rar file. Its another way of ripping large games or apps. You can use certain rar apps to unzipp them if they support it or you can get a program called winace.

ht*p://www.winace.com/

-Chris

Thank Chris...

After making my post, I transferred the file to my 'main' system and tried to open with my favorite archiver app - PowerArchiver and preato - there it was. Then looked in PowerArchiver (highly recommended) Help and .ACE was listed along with a dozen other formats.

PS - this is a great forum - glad I stumbled across it a few weeks ago

LS

ace is just winace's compression format, like zip, rar, gzip tar etc etc etc, some other aplications will open ace file, but sometimes you may have a problem opening them ( eg.. if its made with a newer version of winace than your program is made for ) i which case get winace and open it.

ht*p://www.winace.com

i use winace and winrar they do everything your ever going to need :cool:

:eek: AAronXP - my bad! You know - I never realised that there might be more to powerarchiver than I was using. I guess I have the 'shareware' version and never thought about going to the website and looking at the t's & c's. For all the use I have gotten out of it, I might go ahead and pay the 20 bucks for the key (perhaps with a key some enterprising folks on this forum could share?)