Guide: Mozilla Firefox Unattended

SiMoNsAyS

@Thermopyle hahaha :lol: , it's curious i thought the same when i started developing this guide.

we got a few problems to bypass. pluginreg.dat file contains info with the path to some files so it's needed to make some changes, regkeys with paths, some temporal files, and my headache: chrome.rdf. this file contains the path to extensions, themes and so on and if the %username% changes, path, or systemdrive changes firefox would not start :realmad:

Nah! Not as much as I used to. Too many **** 13 year olds with single digit IQ's running wild over there.

@Simonsays - Nice guide. Will keep as a reference when I decide to move over to Firefox. IE is still my preferred browser.  ;)

thanks guy but be aware... if you try firefox i'm sure you won't return to IE ;)

@Simonsays You are so right. Although I use both Opera and Firefox, I will never go back to IE again.

Thanks for the nice guide btw. I do use a similar method now (although a bit simpler since it's all GUIRunOnce based and I use regedit /s firefox.reg for all reg entries)

nice idea, but i think this is the only way i can do it drive independant...

@`Felix` maybe you want to check this thread :thumbup

I've tried this method and it works very well importing any plugins and what not.

Only thing I noticed it didn't transfer over was my "bookmarks".

You mentioned it in your first paragraph but no where else does it mention saving bookmarks.

Could you elaborate this particular subject?

Edit:

I know you mentioned it should be in step 2 and you're having problems.

So, I'll just shut-up and smile :w00t:

• 3 weeks later...
SiMoNsAyS can the config.ini be used to install extensions?

this is a really interesting question, at first view, yes! but i tried to add my gmail extension to the default installation and i wasn't sucessful. if you export your full profile as said in step2, it's not necessary to slipstream extensions on your installation because they're already installed, but... the interesting part it's to create a silent installation with custom ext.

if any1 discovers a way to integrate them on the install please, let me know and i'll update the guide.

Great guide!

One note tho.

As i opened the config.ini i read in the first few lines that you could change runmode to silent.

I just tried this and it worked fine until it opened FF as the default setting is, dunno either if Developer tools were installed.

Ah, just found what to change to install DevTools and for it not to open FF at the end.

But it opens up anyway.. hmm...

Drop a line if you want to know more