190 members have voted

1. 1. have u upgraded 2 XP sp2

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I dont use XP at all.
    • I hate XP.
    • I dislike Windows.
    • I use Linux.

I am from Pakistan and recently got my XP Sp2 C.d from nearby market for just 0.5 dollars.:whistle:

As far as first editions r concerned they showed on boot screen "Windows XP Professional Edition" and "Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corporation"

But this time whenI installed my XP sp2 :w00t: it showed only "Windows XP" and "Copyright Microsoft Corporation" :thumbup

Hey anybody amongst u who has installed XP sp2 and observe this change,please do inform me. :hello:

I am from Pakistan and recently got my XP Sp2 C.d from nearby market for just 0.5 dollars.:whistle:

As far as first editions r concerned they showed on boot screen "Windows XP Professional Edition" and "Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corporation"

But this time whenI installed my XP sp2 :w00t: it showed only "Windows XP" and "Copyright Microsoft Corporation" :thumbup 

Hey anybody amongst u who has installed XP sp2 and observe this change,please do inform me. :hello:

Yes they did remove that. That is completely normal.

lol you pretty lucky to have to got a working version. Most software from pakistan markets ( i been to them) usually have viruses or is a different software from what it says on the cardboard cover

i'm currently running sp1 and i'm preparing to format and use my unattended sp2 :thumbup .

why to upgrade to sp2?? it's too easy, sp2 contains all the updates on sp1 plus windows update, so why not install it (note install like start from 0 not upgrade)??

ps: i miss in the poll "not running sp2 but i plan to update" :P

why to upgrade to sp2?? it's too easy, sp2 contains all the updates on sp1 plus windows update, so why not install it (note install like start from 0 not upgrade)??

All those annoying new things, especially that "Open FIle Security Warning". I wish they made it easy to turn it off....then I'd have no problems. Or a way to ask if a program doesn't run (breaks the new Microsoft regs) then ask if you still want to run it....

Just got my SP2 Cd last night, about 3 weeks earlier than their lowest estimate (4-6 weeks=estimate, 1 week=how fast I got it). I've installed it on all my machines except my laptop, which is broken :(

some good stuff in there, and some stuff I'll have to get used to ignoring all over again... :P

@prathapml

I ordered a CD last Thursday. I haven't recieved it yet. Have you?

@ravashaak

This is what I'm afraid of, too. :lol:

I ordered my sp2 CD last week thursday and got it yesterday and I think that is the fastest delivery time I have ever seen from microsoft. Yours should be coming along soon. ;)

Dakota SunRunner

:thumbup