Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

v2.1.7.0

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

my2001

my2001

• PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Joined 31-May 04
@Benjamin

• "Secondary Logon" Service isn't needed any more to modify new user account profile.

• Registry Key and Folder Security Attributes (NTFS Access Control Lists) settings were improved.

Okay, and that does mean what for the user/usage of WIHU?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

BenjaminKalytta

BenjaminKalytta

Developer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Joined 08-June 04
First, users may call WIHU from cmdlines.txt for creating user accounts and modifying it's profile data (shell folders and environment variables for example) which wasn't possible till now. Primary user however can not be set here, i.e. creating new account and use this as primary user isn't possible at this stage.

Secondly, folder security attributes are now Windows conform, i.e. there shouldn't be any problems any more with file security settings.
There is another thing that was added, which wasn't mentioned in changelog. WIHU will always create new user profile directory in the form:

%DefaultUserProfiles%\%UserName%
%DefaultUserProfiles%\%UserName%.00000001 ... %DefaultUserProfiles%\%UserName%.99999999 if already exists otherwise.
Profile directory creation will not be dependend on Windows any more.
I could explain this in detail, but this isn't significant here to explain because these are internals.

Benjamin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users