Add Makecab and Expand in SendTo

jdoe

• 1 year later...

I've got a question and a bug report. First off, what compression options do you use? Second, this program doesn't work with subdirectories.

Hi, RyanVM

I use the compression of Makecab object from catsrvut.dll which is LZX:21

For the bug report, in fact it was by design. I was needing it fast so I did the minimum but I had completed this part this week-end so now, subdirectories are include in Cabinet file creation from folders.

Edited by jdoe

Works like a charm! Yay, no more PowerArchiver needed for me! :)

Replacing a few megabytes application with a 12Kb executable...

It's good to read that kind of comments. Thank you guys.

Edited by jdoe

Great utility! I'm using old CMD version and it's fantastic!

I tried new version but it couldn't cab subfolders. And I can't dowload the fixed version now. Any mirror?

And one question: CABTOOL.EXE is only about 12KB but the downloaded file is a bit bigger, does it place some other files in system folders for internal use? Like cabarc or something else?

Great utility! I'm using old CMD version and it's fantastic!

I tried new version but it couldn't cab subfolders. And I can't dowload the fixed version now. Any mirror?

And one question: CABTOOL.EXE is only about 12KB but the downloaded file is a bit bigger, does it place some other files in system folders for internal use? Like cabarc or something else?

Looks like some of my ISP servers were down few hours but now it's up and running. You should be able to download v1.5

Like kelsenellenelvian said, it's the installer...

I use Inno Setup (free) and the minimum setup file size is around 250Kb. I know it's stupid to have a 280Kb installer for a 12Kb file but this way I have an uninstaller and an easy link creation in SendTo folder.

Any suggestions about a way to build a smaller installer are welcome.

And for your information, no more files are added except cabtool.exe and change.log in Program Files folder.

This program don't use executables like cabarc or makecab. Instead, it use the Win32 APIs (Windows 2000 and higher).

Edited by jdoe

Thank you! Download it and it works like a charm here too!

It doesn't delete things now. Ok it should be even better.

It may be installed with INF that places needed file in needed folder and makes shortcut in SendTo menu ;)

Thanks for the great tool!

Edited by Oleg_II