Real Player 10 Silent Install

slipknotscott

I am trying to install Real Player 10 silently and I can do this using the -s switch but I am still presented with the registration screen. Is there a way round this I have tried extracting the files from the self extractor using WinZip but all I get is a .rfx file.

Help please!!!

• 2 months later...
A friendly piece of advice - Dont install that crap and install realplayer alternative instead. Much more easier to install realplayer alternative and no junk is installed on your system.

Some friendly advice of my own... answer the question that's asked.

He didn't ask your opinion on RealPlayer. He asked if anyone knew the silent install switch. Replying with anything else is a waste of everyone's time and bandwidth.

On that note... does anyone know it?

stay cool guys

pls use the search next time.

Real Player 10

Install Switch: setup.exe -s

Extraction: Extract files from main .exe to get setup.exe and the rest.

Notes: use /r /f1”c:\setup.iss” to create the setup.iss in your C:\ copy setup.iss file in the same directory where your application setup.exe file resides in.

Registry: ;Remove Tkbell from startup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]"TkBellExe"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealNetworks\RealPlayer\6.0\Preferences\FirstRunPlayed]

@="1"

• 2 weeks later...

Doesnt work on the latest version Astalavista - not the one I just tried (RealPlayer10-5GOLD) from their site today, although the -s does to skip the initial configuration bit.

And like slipknotscott rightly says, using winzip (or in my case, winrar) to extract files from it doesnt work...

...all u get is one file called 920xxtmpxx.rfx which i havent been able to do anything with :(

When installing, it unpacks to a temp directory...

C:\ > Documents and settings > [your username] > Local Settings > temp > [some temp dir - look at time and date to find it]

but on having a quick look, i cudn't find anything there of any real use.

:blink:

Any ideas anyone?

Regards,

N.

A friendly piece of advice - Dont install that crap and install realplayer alternative instead. Much more easier to install realplayer alternative and no junk is installed on your system.

Some friendly advice of my own... answer the question that's asked.

He didn't ask your opinion on RealPlayer. He asked if anyone knew the silent install switch. Replying with anything else is a waste of everyone's time and bandwidth.

On that note... does anyone know it?

Nobody asked for your retarded comment. If you didn't like my opinion, ignore it, it ain't my friggin problem. Thats your problem. Deal with it!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey there

just added this player to my list

i run it with -s switch(didnt noticed anything installed other then realplayer and afew shortcuts i delete from desktop anyway)

and then run this reg to eliminate the config

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealNetworks\RealPlayer\6.0\Preferences\ConfigurationCount]

@="1"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealNetworks\RealPlayer\6.0\Preferences\EulaAcceptedVersion]

@="2"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealNetworks\RealPlayer\6.0\Preferences\FirstRunPlayed]

@="1"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealNetworks\RealPlayer\6.0\Preferences\LastStartupVersion]

@="1610652119"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealNetworks\RealPlayer\6.0\Preferences\LastLoginTime]

@="1106389926"

this leaves you only with one thing(change it according to what you like)

its the mime settings (association=what files will real player open as default)

change it to whatever you want

and then youll have a worry free unattended install

None of the methods listed here so far work. Here is the solution I came up with. You will need to download the attached RAR file and extract the contents to a folder.

1. Run "RealPlayer10-5GOLD_bb.exe -s".

2. Right-click on the "RealPlayerConfiguration.inf" file and select Install.

This will make all of the necessary modifications for you. When I have some more time I might document the changes I have made.

RealPlayer.rar

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I just donwloaded the latest version, and ran it with:

<Path here>\REAL.exe /S

and it installed just fine with no questions until i ran it, and like above you can add reg entries to accept the EULA and stuff.

I've installed it using the switch /S

Then I run the patch to open the full version options

then I did all settings I need to the application and message center

then I exported the registery key, and did sfx archive to the replaced files after run the patch

so now you have the full version unattended (RealPlayer.exe /S + RealPlayer.reg + Real.sfx.exe)