error 997: Shell folder environment strings ...

my2001

At the very beginning of my WIHU installation log (level 3) there it says two times:

Error 997: Shell folder environment strings are disabled.

This very likely refers to the following lines in my install.ini:

[Environment]
ComProgs=HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Common Programs
StartUp=HKCU:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Startup

I run WIHU at T-12 stage during Windows XP Pro Setup, there are no user related settings in install.ini, only section [environment] and some uniquely named software sections.

What does error 997 mean? What's not working then since the two variables from above do work for me on my system.

thx!

Okay, I think I found out what's the matter:

in the last dialog before installations start I loaded a new install.ini. The old one included some shell folder specific settings which weren't present in the newly loaded install.ini. I thought WIHU would "forget" those old settings after loading a fresh install.ini, but apperently it didn't; maybe a bug?!?! So WIHU tried to apply some configuration settings not valid at T-12 installation mark which produced the reported error messages. That's what I think must have happened. So from my point of view my settings in the environment section are independent of the error messages, it were just the "unforgotten" leftovers from a former install.ini which caused the trouble.

Hi!

Very simple in fact, I don't have to send many emails:

Firstly I had started WIHU with your supplied install.ini, i.e. with the included user and environment settings, etc.

Secondly I loaded a completely new install.ini in the last WIHU-dialog before installation process starts. This new/my install.ini includes no users-section at all, no shell folder settings, only some general settings like AutoInstall, beep and so on and, of course, the usual installation directives.

But apparently WIHU didn't forget the user settings, etc. from first install.ini although there weren't any of these settings left in my new install.ini. This produced the error code since I guess these settings are not valid at T-12 mark.

Of course, if you still need the files to look at I'll send them to you.

But apparently WIHU didn't forget the user settings, etc. from first install.ini although there weren't any of these settings left in my new install.ini.

Was there any user account showed in user accounts dialog?

Could you test it again please? Error code showed there wasn't correct.

Or just send me your install.ini. Thx

Benjamin

Edited by BenjaminKalytta