Scroll delay in IE

cancer10

when I scrolls the page of my browser the page scrolls slowly. Any ideas?

I am using XP

What processer are you using?

if you use Pentium 2 then i don't recommend you to use Windows XP.

if you use Pentium 4 then add your 512MB x 2 memory to your computer.

when I scrolls the page of my browser the page scrolls slowly. Any ideas?

I am using XP

What processer are you using?

if you use Pentium 2 then i don't recommend you to use Windows XP.

if you use Pentium 4 then add your 512MB x 2 memory to your computer.

I am using P4 256 MB ram.

I think I have to change some settings. I read it somewhere but cannot actually remember.

OK, I changed my color setting to 16 bit from 32 bit and now its working just fine. Anywayz thanx 4 the reply.

You also need to add more ram, you certainly do not have any where near enough. By the way your talking, you did not read anything the guy told you. Your computer will work much much better if you add more ram.

All you did was reduce the color settings to satisfy not having enough ram, the problem will surface again unless you do add more memory. :w00t:

Dakota SunRunner

OK, I changed my color setting to 16 bit from 32 bit and now its working just fine. Anywayz thanx 4 the reply.

Yes in this way you gained more Ram but if you want to gain more use some tip like reduce the Icon on your desktop and some of programs are using dll file to load in the memory and after you end your work with this program the files still there

Read this :

Remove DLLs from cache memory. If you notice your system running slowly after XP has been running for some time, or if your RAM seems to be getting low for some reason, the culprit may be left-behind DLLs from programs that are no longer running, but that XP still keeps in memory. Sometimes XP keeps DLLs in cache memory even when the program that required them is no longer running, and this cuts down on the memory available to other applications.

You can use a simple Registry hack to have XP automatically remove from cache memory DLLs that are no longer needed by programs. Run the Registry Editor  and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer. Create a new DWORD value named AlwaysUnloadDll, and give it a data value of 1. Exit the Registry and reboot for the new setting to take effect. Note that this setting may cause problems with some programs. Some Windows programs—especially older and 16-bit programs—may issue error messages with this setting in effect; so if that starts happening, delete the new key or give it a value of 0.

Avoid DOS applications. DOS applications don't allow XP to manage memory properly, and they hold onto the memory they use, not allowing it to be swapped out for use for other programs or processes. If you use any DOS applications, replace them with Windows versions

That`s if you don`t want to add more ram

:)

Yes, 256 is the BARE minimum I recommend to our customers. 512 is the best choice without going overboard. 1GB or more is ideal. I don't think I could bear pulling one of my 512MB sticks out and running on less than 1GB anymore.