This is a second modification of kTool with some improvements suggested lastly, and more:
- Get rid of the annoying quote problem. NO MORE QUOTE added by kTool.
-> Now, if you want quote, you'll have to BYO (bring your own).- As suggested by cvd_army_com a few posts above, display a description of the Item in the GUI part of the prog.
@cvd_army_com: Good shot. Here are the adaptations I made to your code above:
- use of the 1st 'Description' directive in a section instead of a new 'AppDesc' directive.
- no use of the msgbox: I find more annoying to have to click ok (or press a key) to close it.
- repair the breaking for the last item.
- spread the multiline replacement to the Install part, where 'Description' directives are used in 1st place.
I've adapted the 'Replace' directive introduced in the last modified version (kTool1.1aX) to be much more flexible:
-> you can now use any variable name. Just provide the name together with the value, separated by a '-->':
Replace = %PP%-->D:\install\or
Replace = %myVar%-->CDThe only drawback of all these is that you'll have to adapt your .ini files to match the changes:
- adapt your 'Replace' directive
- and insert quotes where needed: arround paths or argument with spaces.
Good news, tho: I made those modifications because they were needed by another prog I've just finnished and that writes those .ini files for you! Well, it also writes RunOnceEx.cmd, config.js, install.ini & xplode.xml... There it is.
Edited by Djé, 26 April 2006 - 12:16 PM.