Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Release]: XPize (Off Topic)

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
173 replies to this topic

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts
New section in first post with known bugs (and their status) and suggestions for next release. Please, PM me with your own to make XPize better ;)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts
Please, I need help for THIS

Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
I am using this in my Unattended install, i have tried to install using XPInstall and also from runonceex but i just get the request for language. i even added /s /n /LANG=ENG and tested the script in windows itself and it works silently, but when i run the unattended install it keeps asking for the **** language and wont install silently... any help please... ??

keytotime

keytotime

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
Use the hacked files and modpe and compress the and copy them to your cd.

Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Use the hacked files and modpe and compress the and copy them to your cd.

Version 2.5 has an installer with updater so i want to use it, it can also be uninstalled if required, the older manual way you can't... but thanks for the reply anyway

Fridge-RaideR

Fridge-RaideR

J├Ągermeister ftw

• Pip
  • 86 posts
yo xp addict :P, any idea when a new version is coming out?

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts

yo xp addict :P, any idea when a new version is coming out?

I have almost finished XPize 3 (codenamed: Best viewed with Royale) :P I'm just finishing the AVIs...I'm having transparency problems with "classic" style, but it will be fixed. Also I have to design some wallpapers and fix some minor bugs. I will try to include some extras if I can: TaskswitchXP, a WinRAR mod (finished), Royale Logon, Adobe Gamma (finished), a Royale VS mod...

After all that, I have to give all the files to flyakite, so he can start working on the installer. And the more important thing...I have to finish all my university exams (end of february) :puke: So...the release will take a month or so.

EDIT: Metal and Gothik! I think we should talk :P

XPero

yergling

yergling

• 37 posts
hallo again

i just have some important questions

can you send me the source files for all the stuff, becouse i need to finish an internal project for my work - and i do not know if everything is working if i integrate the xpize install version in my i386 folder - it has a lot of updates and fixes so i don't want to loose it - it will run on our company's ris in nearly 2 weeks or so - if i get the script files ready

so i have to implement other logons and logos in shell32 and msgina and so on so source files will be very helpful (i got some CI in the total modded version - i asked all amployees and they said, that a special version for our company on base of xpize is cool because of most new logos - but i must insert some logon and background screens and branding features)

cabbed files ar also ok, if you do that - if this is done by installer i will compile everything myself *gg*

pm me if you have some time

thanks
yergling

Incroyable HULK

Incroyable HULK

Slowly Turning Green...

• Super Moderator
  • 1,257 posts
Sorry to spoil the party but I installed XPize on my Windows XP PS2 French version and it screwed up Internet Explorer and Wordpad as well!

I am now using a backup of Internet Explorer I found in C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\iexplore.exe

Even if I uninstalled your program, I didn't came back... :thumbdown

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts

hallo again

i just have some important questions

can you send me the source files for all the stuff, becouse i need to finish an internal project for my work - and i do not know if everything is working if i integrate the xpize install version in my i386 folder - it has a lot of updates and fixes so i don't want to loose it - it will run on our company's ris in nearly 2 weeks or so - if i get the script files ready

so i have to implement other logons and logos in shell32 and msgina and so on so source files will be very helpful (i got some CI in the total modded version - i asked all amployees and they said, that a special version for our company on base of xpize is cool because of most new logos - but i must insert some logon and background screens and branding features)

cabbed files ar also ok, if you do that - if this is done by installer i will compile everything myself *gg*

pm me if you have some time

thanks
yergling

You mean XPize 2.5? I haven't the files right now, I'm not in my PC. You can ask bombtrack or Injecter, maybe they have it.
If you are talking about 3.0, my answer is NO. It is finished, but I'm not planning releasing it as the "classic packs". The installer is being developed and it will include (if nothing bad happens) an option to patch a i386 directory, which is very useful for what you are planning to do.

XPero

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts

Sorry to spoil the party but I installed XPize on my Windows XP PS2 French version and it screwed up Internet Explorer and Wordpad as well!

I am now using a backup of Internet Explorer I found in C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\iexplore.exe

Even if I uninstalled your program, I didn't came back...  :thumbdown

mmm...I've never heard about it and never happened to me and XPize users I know. Anyway, thanks for reporting, I will look closely to this in the first beta of 3.0

Some useful info: The backup of the original files is in C:\WINDOWS\XPize (hidden by default).

XPero

Incroyable HULK

Incroyable HULK

Slowly Turning Green...

• Super Moderator
  • 1,257 posts
I don't know if this could be related but my %ProgramFiles% is located on the D: drive, not on C:

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts

I don't know if this could be related but my %ProgramFiles% is located on the D: drive, not on C:

Maybe, I will take all that into account for 3.0. Sorry for the inconveniences, but that's the world of shell packs :P

EDIT: is all other XPize stuff working ok?

Incroyable HULK

Incroyable HULK

Slowly Turning Green...

• Super Moderator
  • 1,257 posts
Yes, the rest seems to be working properly, I took a look at the Hardware panel, browsed the start menu, etc...

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts

Yes, the rest seems to be working properly, I took a look at the Hardware panel, browsed the start menu, etc...

OK, I've taken note of that. This is the 3rd and 4th bugs in XPize, and the 1st and 2nd will be fixed...thats good :P I will do my best to fix those bugs. Also I would like you to be one of the beta testers if you please, so thats the best way to fix that problem ;)

XPero

Incroyable HULK

Incroyable HULK

Slowly Turning Green...

• Super Moderator
  • 1,257 posts
Well I can test until I will reinstall my Windows. Not that it is outdated but I have to move some partition because of that stupid HL2 installer

Have you noticed you cannot change the Destination drive when installing Half-Life2? It wants to go into %ProgramFiles% and you cannot change that. C R A P **** Valve + Vivendi

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts

Well I can test until I will reinstall my Windows. Not that it is outdated but I have to move some partition because of that stupid HL2 installer

Have you noticed you cannot change the Destination drive when installing Half-Life2? It wants to go into %ProgramFiles% and you cannot change that. C R A P **** Valve + Vivendi

OK I will send you a PM when first beta is available. It will take some weeks.
Oh, crappy HL2 installer :P

XPero

yergling

yergling

• 37 posts
no i meant the brand new "royale looking" files of xpize 3.0

i had read that nearly everything is together and that it will get an installer to integrate in an i386 dir of a cd or dvd or ris share

so i plan to use this version at my work but i have to integrate som CI (corporate identity also)

so i have everything together based on xpize 2.5

i request the xpize 3.0 sources so i do not need to use the installer - because if i use the installer, all ci changes i did to SHELL32, explorer, iexplore, MSGINA ... are gone

if i install on running system i will have to rip the sources myself from running config

bit i am sure that you tested (or still test) all xpize 3.0 content on an system where you can send me the sourcefiles

therefor there are two ways

1. you send me all bitmap files and avi and ico .... in folders named like the files where i have to integrate them - so i can insert my CI before inserting all into the new files and compressing them to *.**_

2. you could also send me the running files (shell32.dll) of your english or spanish or whatever test system so i will transfer everything myself to my files

now to the reason:

i have a project running and for all the ris templates, scripts ... i have only nearly two weeks left - and you wrote in some posts before that you finished everything except some avi files and send it to the person who creates the installer - but if installer is ready it will take a month or so - that is a bit to long i think - so it would be nice if i can get the sources or compiled files so i can integrate everything myself this weekend or one of the next two ones

so what is the metter with the new xpize exactly and is it possible to get something like that ?!?

thanks
yergling

rgreen83

rgreen83

• 38 posts
Been awhile since any news, any updates on v3 progress?
(((Not Really An Admin)))

I have 100 gmail invites, pm me.

klasa

klasa

• 47 posts
flyakite is working on the installer.
it'l be released probably when xpero comes back from university.
or maybe a little while later, bacause the site can't be done good enough without xpero's help

yergling

yergling

• 37 posts
XPIZE 3.0 ist out !

i just tested implementation in I386 dir - seems to work great

at the moment i am installing unattended using /S switch

also works great

so nice work

yergling

p.s. german forum is using xpize 3.0 !

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts
Oh...what a long thread... :rolleyes: sniff sniff...
XPize official forums are down, so you can discuss new XPize HERE untill official forums are up.

Thanks everyone who made this possible :thumbup

Admins you can close this thread (sniff sniff).

WotC

WotC

• PipPip
  • 127 posts
is there any possibility to send switches to a silent install (/S) via commandline? i would like to predefine a theme and dont want to install the cmd box changes - they are a pain - the rest is great...

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts

is there any possibility to send switches to a silent install (/S) via commandline? i would like to predefine a theme and dont want to install the cmd box changes - they are a pain - the rest is great...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look here, last post XPize 3 released

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN