XPlode problem

Tweaker

I'm trying to run my unattended CD, I checked very thoroughly that all the names and paths are exactly the same as in my XPlode.xml file, but all I see at T12 is a quick DOS screen, than Windows continues to install. It's probably the COMMAND line which is faulty I think, because when I execute it from the installed folder on the new Windows (in VMware) with the 'run_with_logging.bat' everything installs OK.

I'm running it via cmdlines.txt and this is my COMMAND:

[COMMANDS]
".\XPlode.exe /xml:#Systemdrive#\Install\XPlode\XPlode.xml /log:#Systemdrive#\XPlode.log"

It is saved as Unicode also.

There's not even a log file on the systemdrive, but after I did the install manually the log file was there.

What am I doing wrong?

BTW I'll attach my XPlode.xml to be sure.

XPlode.xml

Here are the screenshots of the XPCD folder and the XPlode folder:

xplode.jpg

xplode_folder.jpg

I'm now running xplode using the winnt.sif file with this command:

[SetupParams]
UserExecute="%SystemDrive%\Install\XPlode\XPlode.exe"

Which seems to work OK, but all of a sudden the install of the kazaa codec pack gives two write errors (protection or something), and while installing AdAware it suddenly decides to update and run by itself, while the three taskkills are in place.

Those two did run perfectly well when run manually.

So for now I've removed the kazaa codec install, but have to figure out why AdAware doesn't get killed.

Hi there Tweaker,

If you run it through cmdlines.txt then the XPlode files must be at the same place as cmdlines.txt! (when i'm correct, forget that thing sometimes :} )

I saw in the screenshot that there is a "XplodeBAM.xml" in your dir... Is that something from me?? Don't mind it, just curious about it...

EDIT:

About your AdAware problem.. Just install it once and then copy the whole Lavasoft directory from your C:\Program files >> to your $OEM$\$Progs\

(don't forget to remove the AdAware code from your *.xml sheet!)

Add the following line to create a shortcut in your starmenu:

<item display='Creating start menu shortcuts'>
 <shortcut display='Ad-Aware' program='%ProgramFiles%\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe' description='Spyware remover' link='%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Ad-Aware SE Personal.lnk'/>

That's all you need to do, no install necessary, works like a charm! :thumbup

Hi BAM,

Thanks for the reply :)

Didn't know that the Xplode files have to be at the same place as the cmdlines.txt file.

Think I'll stick with calling Xplode via winnt.sif since this seems to work fine.

Also thanks for the info 'bout AdAware, will do the things you mentioned this weekend.

Oh and yes the XplodeBAM file was indeed yours :)

Yess, I knew it!! :D

Glad someone is pleased with my file!

But as allways..still updating and taking more advantage of it!

The only thing i run from cmdlines.txt is my regtweaks file, so it gets apply'd to all users who logon. (but remember, in the same dir offcourse..)

Xplode runs from my winnt.sif at first logon also.

This prevents lots of trouble with programs that will/can be installed too early during setup. (thought that Office was one of them which gives troubles)

And it looks soooo very cool when used guitransparant!! :w00t:

about AdAware: update the reference file right before you add it.

Let me know if everything works out well for you!

• 2 weeks later...
EDIT:

About your AdAware problem.. Just install it once and then copy the whole Lavasoft directory from your C:\Program files  >> to your $OEM$\$Progs\

(don't forget to remove the AdAware code from your *.xml sheet!)

Add the following line to create a shortcut in your starmenu:

<item display='Creating start menu shortcuts'>
 <shortcut display='Ad-Aware' program='%ProgramFiles%\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe' description='Spyware remover' link='%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Ad-Aware SE Personal.lnk'/>

That's all you need to do, no install necessary, works like a charm!  :thumbup

Hi Bam,

I've tested the method for Ad-aware (and other apps aswell), but the creation of the short cuts doesn't work. I see the 'adding shortcuts' going by, but there are no shortcuts to be found after the install :huh:

BTW I'm still running XPlode via winnt.sif which then runs @ T9.

I also added more apps via $Progs, and then added the shortcuts the same way (making sure the paths are OK), but nothing?? What am I doing wrong?

@Tweaker

You should change your cmdlines.txt like this:

[COMMANDS]".\$1\Install\XPlode\XPlode.exe /xml:#Systemdrive#\Install\XPlode\XPlode.xml /log:#Systemdrive#\XPlode.log"

For the shortcut, I use shortcut.exe called like this (for emule):

<execute display='Shortcut' program='%WINDIR%\system32\shortcut.exe' arguments='/A:C /F:"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Menu Démarrer\Programmes\Internet\eMule.lnk" /T:"%ProgramFiles%\eMule\emule.exe" /R:3' hide='true'/>

EDIT: Corrected the post

shortcut.7z

Merçi big-gie, I'll use your method. :thumbup

One question about the shortcuts: in your example an eMule shortcut is created in the folder 'Internet' in your Start Menu. Will the folder 'Internet' automatically be created when you point the shortcut to 'Internet\eMule.lnk'?

Oh and so for running XPlode via COMMAND I have to use '.\XPlodeXPlode.exe' in the beginning of the command, so you have to write it as one long word?

Au revoir :)

oooooh

[COMMANDS]
".\XPlodeXPlode.exe /xml:#Systemdrive#\Install\XPlode\XPlode.xml /log:#Systemdrive#\XPlode.log"

should really be

[COMMANDS]
".\$1\Install\XPlode\XPlode.exe /xml:#Systemdrive#\Install\XPlode\XPlode.xml /log:#Systemdrive#\XPlode.log"

Now let's explain why. CMDLINES.TXT is executed with $OEM$ as it's working directory. .\XPLODE.Exe would really become %XPCD%\$OEM$\XPlode.exe hence we get, .\ = %XPCD%\$OEM$\

So looking at your directory structure....

you have $OEM$\$1\Install\XPlode so replace it becomes .\$1\Install\XPlode since $OEM$ is included in .\

You could also think of it this way....mind you it's all a simile. %systemdrive% would become .\ when converting from SETUPPARAMS to CMDLINES.TXT but ONLY in the call to XPLODE.EXE and NOT the parameters or in the XML file

No.

The %'s will be parsed by the commandline, and may end up being blank in the cases of XPLODE and SOURCEPATH etc.

The #'s are to not let the commandline parse it, but XPlode will.

# and % both work in XPlode, it's just that the % versions may not get sent to XPlode by the shell.

Well I tried the

[COMMANDS]
".\$1\Install\XPlode\XPlode.exe /xml:#Systemdrive#\Install\XPlode\XPlode.xml /log:#Systemdrive#\XPlode.log"

and at the same time I had added a lot more stuff to my setup such as customized bootscreen, setting another theme, and added more apps, and when I went through the test with VMware the installation stopped right after the network install was done, then it rebooted and restarted the setup :wacko:

After that I eliminated almost everything in my setup, from deleting files one by one such as .cmd files, .svcpack file, reg files, editting the winnt.sif, changing back to my previous winntbbl, editing almost everything out of the xplode file, deleting the system32 files untill my setup was almost empty.

One thing I hadn't tried was removing the above code, and whaddaya know, that fixed it :wacko: Went back to calling XPlode via winnt.sif, and everything is working again. That thingy took four hours to fix, I think I tried seven installs until I figured that out, never expected that to be the problem.

Oh and the shortcut.exe thingy doesn't work either, no shortcuts are being created.