Windows Post Installer version 3.2 beta

Hi all

Just to let you know I have not forgot about you all

I did have some play time today.. and I did away with the 10 layers and went back to one page I took the restrains off the limits to the amount of program you can have.. You can have all you want..

I looked the code over in the version 2.7 and it had some really screwed up spots in the code... So I reworked the code for the displaying of programs using the configurations load of programs so mine will be compatible with version 2.7 so you can convert over easy if you like the coolsights final ... I used a scrolling page inner so you can have all you want....

also added tool tips back... for the program listing...

give me a few more days cause i still have allot of stuff going on...

My next step is to work on the generate part...

I also have to work on the program setup page,,, I better leave that for last in-case I change any of the variables...

Looking good on the screen resizing to...

Mine takes into account a screen size change while in actions.... not depended on an size,,,

I have two displays and when you change screen size in the other programs they don't show all anymore,, they cover both screens all of screen one plus part of screen two... and they clip the bottom........ when you resize mine on the fly it auto re calculates the resize for any size on the fly,,,

It looking great so far..........

I uploaded a new file just so you can have a look at the new lay out with out limits and the program tips...

Still in test mode... but program tips are back

got rid of the slide menu..... don't need it any more....

http://www.geocities.com/putertuneup/WPI/WPI.zip

like before run this file///////// WindowsPostInstaller.hta

Just remember this is not a working version yet!

I have not change the about screen to match and didn't change the version number this is just a quick upload for you all...

Mac!

oh no...

ANOTHER version, lol.

which one is THIS based on? WPI_2.6_FINAL?

What have you changed/improved/etc.?

[edit]

I took a look at the program, and man, you changed way too much. It was a lot better before...I'm sticking with WPI_2.6_FINAL

oh no...

ANOTHER version, lol.

which one is THIS based on?  WPI_2.6_FINAL?

What have you changed/improved/etc.?

[edit]

I took a look at the program, and man, you changed way too much.  It was a lot better before...I'm sticking with WPI_2.6_FINAL

Sorry If I confused you

I based mine on the very first original posted one a long time ago...

I added stuff to the program like the timer way before the other one had one...

I posted a picture.... if you look back...

I added a password box to exit and bypass the force install if needed,,

you can turn that options on and off read the readme...

I broke the installation screen down into smaller sections so you will be able to get more than 48 programs...

LOL just think if you put 15 programs per page x 10 pages is 150

20 * 9 is 180

I switch to a smaller font on lower screen size and as the display size lowers I drop the decorations off.........

you can turn the timer on off have it stopped or started

same with the force exit password menu you can turn that options off so it is force and no way out... if the forced exit is in effect

LOL when I get done I will also included a options so you can run the installer on a different computer and genrate the files needed for the install so you can just put the files on a CD and burn for a custom install then the user will not see anything ... just the installation at runoneEX...

That is another point when the installer exit and starts installing programs you will see the install progress in the runoneEX windows,,,,

Endless posibillties,,

I saw the other post where it said "I want the user not to see the blody install just do it." that can be arranged.... a few hidden.. possiblites

LOL instead of going on to my next step of checkboxes maybe I would be better off doing a configuration settup Screen....

That would intercept the presets and set it up like you want custom...

timer on off started stop password box on off etc etc...

Mac!

There is no way to change the the subject in the old post so I will link this one to the old

New version with preset option setup screen just a few click of the mouse is all it takes,,, keep what you want and disable the rest........

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=28600

This is a preview of the new Beta 3.1 WPI by Coolsights2000

uploaded new file

it has a presetup options program

run the Preset.hta file

and as always the WindowsPostInstaller.hta is the regular part

can any one tell me how to use this wpi and is it working automatic ?

i mean like RunOnceEx.cmd working silent

i tried to understand it but tell now i did not get it ..

This is just a test model

it is not a full version yet!

I'm just uploading it so people can tell me what else they want added,,,,,,,

Mac!

Coolsights .. how is the final release coming ??

I'm going to be on hold for a few days on my programming play time..

I will have my grandson high demand of my time..

plus I got hit by lighting and it took my modem out,,,

I should have done a backup of the wifes drive before trying to install the bloody new modem and it F- me up!

Had to take that one back and get a different one and that one would not work cause the first one screw me up and would not let me uninstall the drivers,,,

so I'm resetting her drive up with SP2 and the works by hand cause I have not got the wizard done yet...... She was still on SP1................

I may be redoing the program lay out,, any way I can amke a window to scroll inside the inner window so stay tuned this way I will be able to sack the ten layer layout... ??????????? or I may use them both... don't know yet.. have to play

thanks for the title change mate///////

Mac!