Slipstreaming have laptop battery driver issues

sballer11

I have created a SP2 slipstreamed ISO of Windows XP professional. When I do the installation on a laptop it comes up with an error that the battery drivers can not be found and too contact my hardware vendor. My question is that I don't get this problem when I do the installation of XP SP1a, why do I get it for the XP SP2 install and how do I fix it in the ISO?

I wish I had some good insight for you, but this problem seems very odd. Can you give us some history on your XPCD's origins? Did you go from original XP -> XP w/ SP1 -> XP w/ SP2? or did you start over and slipstream SP2 onto XP. Or do you have a completely new source with XP SP2 on it? nLiting anything? Is your laptop of the 'older' (no offence) variety and therefore the drivers may have been deprecated? And finally what laptop is it? Can you get drivers from the manufacturer and add them to your OemPnpDriversPath? Sorry I can't be of more help, but this additional information may allow others to help you.

• 3 weeks later...

It happened to me, too.

My laptop is a Presario 722EA, and I had the same problem at first.

However after some minutes the battery was detected correctly, without modifying anything.

Very odd...

BTW I can't give any help, just wanted to say that you're not the only person getting this kind of error.

after installing xp sp2 unattended : got the following error :-

==============================

DEVICE INSTALLER ERROR

windows could not load the installer for Battery. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance.

Looks like xp can't find the driver for a battery ..... don't seem to know where to look for the driver ,,,,, have a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop.

Dell does not have the driver too.

please help. thanks.

• 1 year later...

I still have the same problem like xclaim :( , but does anybody has an answer?

DEVICE INSTALLER ERROR

windows could not load the installer for Battery. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance.

I use an Win XP pro cd with no SP's on it. So I think the first xp cd, nlite tells me it is build 0. I add sp 2 and the hotfixes. (I took the list on this forum, so 36 hotfixes for this moment) When I make an iso of it, it works fine. But then I want to go further and remove components. I use nlite to do this. So i remove win tour, paint, win games, msn explorer. All basic stuff. I leave drivers like they are, so I don't remove any of them. When I install this in VM, I get the same error like Xclam. When I install my old win xp cd in VM I don't get this error.

Is there a way to solve this. Can I delete stuff on my own, (so I mean can I remove components like paint on my own?) without Nlite? How? Maybe there is smth on this forum about this, but I didnt found it.

If I put my old driver.cab file back would that be a sollution? Or perhaps I could make a winXP sp2 cd and take the driver.cab from this new sp2 cd? When I remove components my driver.cab file remains the same, no files are missing. (I didn't delete anything)

I hope that someone can help me.

Thank you. :blink:

Edited by jonathan_314