[Release]: TCPIP.SYS Patch RTM.2180 (100 Connec.)

A few days ago I found a topic that asked for the bytes to hack the TCPIP.SYS file. @prathapml posted a manual from www.lvllord.de.

I have hex edited the file as many people have done but this time for 100 connections.

This file it's from spanish language but it MUST WORK on any other language version of XP.

Stored on CAB format; you know, for unattended installations place TCPIP.SY_ on the \I386\ folder.

Fell free to use it and post feedbacks.

Just to left it write, from that manual:

Build 2180

Position (hex): 130 / 4F322

Value Before (10): 6E 12 06 00 / 0A 00 00 00

Value After (100): C7 12 06 00 / 64 00 00 00

Old Value unlimited (not recommend): 62 13 06 00 / FE FF FF 00

Download

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

Alanoll, I'm not aware of whether there's a difference between spanish and english versions of the file, but if there is, then the one we're using can't be used for spanish WXP.

I suppose that's why simonsays has edited it himself above.

@leungda YES, just download and place TCPIP.SY_ on the \I386\ folder.

@Alanoll it's said that there is a problem with the unlimited connections fix.

@prathapml i hacked the file myself because i like to know what it changed on my unattended CD and because i found a 50 connections patch and an unlimited (problematic) connections patch, but i couldn't find any with a different number. The english file works perfect on my system but not of my numbers of connections taste :P

@Alanoll, i dunno 2... lol :lol:

@RyanVM not that useless, i haven't updated jet my sp2 and when i go to WU i can't find any hotfix ;)

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

@RyanVM not that useless, i haven't updated jet my sp2 and when i go to WU i can't find any hotfix 

That's because it's not a CRITICAL patch. It's only intended if you have a problem with certain programs in the loopback range. I personally am thinking of rehacking the TCPIP.SYS file myself again, and change it to 255. Dunno why 255, but....couldn't hurt. lol.

@ Simonsays...

I really didn't want to butt into your thread as we are such "good friends"...

but it is obvious you don't know what the hell you're talking about with regard to the patch....

First of all... you mention offset 130... what am I supposed to patch there??? That's where the checksum resides? What happened to your checksum? LOL!!!

For each patch, be it 50, 500, or unlimited, you'll have to calculate a NEW checksum. Please post the correct checksums for your patches.

Next, the TCPIP.SYS is completely language independant. The installer may be localized but the file itself is NOT!

Finally, the latest official release is IDENTICAL to the one released BEFORE it was "regression tested". The made NO modifications to the file. The checksums are identical. You could have just as easily used the one that was patched in the thread a few weeks ago. :)

Nice try Simon. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

sorry @enuffsaid didn't saw your reply until today and didn't want to reply although i'll quote you

you don't know what the hell you're talking about

anyway i'll try to answer, checksums?? guy no need, just replace the strings on first post at the direction on first post with an hex editor (i personally like hex workshop).

it's obvious that you just didn't read on the original tcpip creator web site, because what i pasted it's exactly that tutorial but with modified values for 100 connections, if you want to check it just visit www.lvllord.de.

as for your affirmation "the TCPIP.SYS is completely language independant" didn't know about that but if you take your time to read "[...]but it MUST WORK on any other language version of XP". hope to solve all your doubts, finally, yeah i could used the one that was patched in the thread a few (more or less) weeks ago but i didn't do it i just simply uncabbed mine that was more at hand ;)

nice to see (again) a post of you on 1 of the threads i started as we are such "good friends", in other way it would be "uncomplete" :P

• 1 month later...

Could someone please explain how this "patch" effects my system?

What software does use the loopback addresses other than 127.0.0.1?

Iv'e been to the MS site and read about the patch, but it doesn't say much that actually means anything to me.

Anyone care to explain?

:)

• 1 month later...

No, it's cab compressed. Extract tcpip.sys from it with a program like WinRAR.

Also, you'd need to overwrite both the copy in system32 and dllcache.

I'd personally recommend you just use lvllord's patch which takes care of all it automatically.

www.lvllord.de