Arn't I suppose to have network at cmdlines?

egil

I have a pretty big problem.

I have a notebook that uses a Broadcom 570x Gigabit network card. I've added the driver to my OemPnPDriversPath..

OemPnPDriversPath = "Drivers\000_chipset\IntelMobile;Drivers\001_network\b57;.... rest removed."

... and the network card is active and working when the installation is finished. But I need network access when CMDLINES is about to run. Windows is complaining that the network card isn't started yet (or not available). Note that this is working if the driver is build in to Windows XP, but not otherwise.

- Regards, Egil.

Edit: Seems like I'm not the only one having this problem. Found this in the google groups:

Unattended Installation and cmdlines.txt

OK, I've done some more testing. I asked CMDLINES to start cmd.exe up, and from there I tried to manually mount a network drive. It then tells me that the Workstation service isn't running. I then check services.msc, and to my surprise, the workstation service was actually running. I tried restarting it, but I still receive the same error from net use. Help :)

- Egil

• 1 year later...

thank you fo rthat snippet, i had this and figured i was being dumb but never investigated:(

that line the KB article says to add, where do i add it?, anywhere in the file or specifically at the end or where exactly.

cheers.

that line the KB article says to add, where do i add it?, anywhere in the file or specifically at the end or where exactly.

None of these, but right after the other line they're talkin' about.

I'f you don't want to search for it, I've just posted an addon to fix it.