Firefox Extensions

Diabolical82

So its a matter of personal pref's...thats one thing nice about this forum...lots of different ways to do things.

LoL :yes:

offtopic: i see that you know a lot about autoit... maybe you can help me... how can i wait a button to be active to send the {ENTER} key?

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

I don't know why you guys have to make such a simple thing so complex (especially AutoIt that could go very wrong)...

"%programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -install-global-extension "%CDROM%\install\firefox addons\xpi\whatever.xpi"

works fine for me, or use something like

for %%i in *.xpi do "%programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -install-global-extension "%CDROM%\install\firefox addons\xpi\%%i.xpi"

or something similar (with proper paths). Nothing to copy, nothing fancy. It works on every plugin I've tried. Want to add/remove plugins? Just toss them with the others... It just doesn't get simpler than that.

Ok, I don't know what's wrong here. I made a simple comment and you seem to take it all personnal, thing I'm putting everybody down or something. No, there is no conspiracy against you or anything dude... :realmad: Chill.

It does work without any delays, and it does work with long file names if you use double quotes. As for the paths that need to be fixed, that should be pretty obvious, and I even said "or something similar (with proper paths)". No point of me putting my own paths there as it will do no good to anybody else.

It's never failed on me, it installs everything, and it's lightning quick (so fast I can't even notice for about 12 extensions). No magic required. (I don't know why you say it's broken and/or slow eh)

If there's any other method I'd use, it would be SiMoNsAyS' method (just feels like more work)

Okay exactly what the hell could go so wrong? You've never seen AutoIt go wrong before? All it takes is a timing glitch, an installer glitch or something and it's just stopped right there. Happenned to me again yesterday when clonecd's installer stupidly popped an error message saying it couldn't write to clonecd.exe or something like that yet, nothing was wrong, and pressing retry resumed the install... It's not the perfect example, but it's not the most reliable means to install soft (I do use it too when I have to)

As for the other post, perhaps I didn't remember or didn't see it again. You remember every single post you've been into?

Just stop with the useless bashing. I just gave my opinion and now you're all over me. There's definately no need for that.

Umm...  so far I've been using Crahak's method and it's working great without hiccup.  Nologic's method might be suitable for slower low-end rig. :}

So it doesn't work just for me either...

As for installing firefox, I use SiMoNsAyS' method (a bit simplified, as it's always gonna be on the C drive and on an english system and all...)

Well mine my not be the top system here, but I won't call it "slower low-end rig".

I tested from the command prompt ever which way...all syntax correct...I've heard this from many others when doing that way...it works for some and doesn't for others, system specs have nothing to do with it.

That said I'll remove my self from the forum.

That said I'll remove my self from the forum.

There's no need for that :no::}

Let's just not take things personally and attack each other and life goes on?

You just can't quit every time you run across someone with a different opinion or anything...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying AutoIt is useless either.