Forcing Use of Unsigned Drivers

joemarriott

Has anyone figured this out, yet?  I have this exact same problem, although it's with the nVidia drivers rather than a network card.  I'm sure many others here must be using an nVidia card - how do you force Windows to install the newer, but unsigned, drivers rather than the built-in ones?

Thanks.

By removing the ones in Drivers.cab ;)

If you really want to go advanced, take a look at this guide and use CTRL+F to search for "video", you'll see ;). I would NOT recommend this, too much work!

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Shoot, I was afraid that was going to be the answer.

Ok, if you don't mind, I could use a little bit of assistance here. I can unpack drivers.cab file with WinRAR (are there any other cab files I need to worry about?), and I'm sure I can identify the old driver files with a little work. However, how do I recreate the cab file once I'm finished? WinRAR can't do this, and I don't recall seeing any other programs to create generic MS cab files.

EDIT: After a little more research I found the Microsoft Cabinet SDK, which includes makecab.exe. This should do the trick, right? Anything special I should be away of?

Thanks.