[How To]: Outpost Firewall Pro 2.5.365

SiMoNsAyS

gmx wrote:

ok this worked for me

1. extract outpost setup in a directory

2. make sfx with executing install.exe

3. restart

This works pretty fine (and is imo easier than the auto it script)! the only disadvantage is that the plugins are not registered (and, of course, the autorun entry in the registry is missing). Oh, i forgot to mention that the starting dialog is in spanish - the rest of the program in english, so thats ok for me...

EDIT:

If u want to install a later version of outpost after this, u get an error msg "another instance of outpost installed, uninstall first" - install /u didnt help for me - i'll continue trying.

i can insert the plugins manually in the outpost gui, but thats nor really unattended -:-(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new at AutoIt; seems it's the ultimte solution for some softwares... ;-)

Using edmoncu's script, I've made my own script for a french version of XP.

Everything is ifine, except the last window... It doesn't cancel itself ! I have to manually click on "cancel"... Not very unattended... :no:

Here is my script; hope someone will help me ! :blushing:

Run(@HomeDrive&"OutpostPro25.exe /s")

WinWait("Créer nouvelle configuration")

ControlClick ("Créer nouvelle configuration", "", "Button6")

WinWait("Assistant configuration")

$e= ControlCommand("Assistant configuration", "", "Button6", "IsEnabled", "")

While $e=0

WEnd

ControlClick ("Assistant configuration", "", "Button6")

$c= ControlCommand("Assistant de configuration", "", "Button8", "IsVisible", "")

While $c=0

$c= ControlCommand("Assistant de configuration", "", "Button8", "IsVisible", "")

WEnd

ControlClick ("Assistant de configuration", "", "Button8")

WinWait("Installer", "Le système doit être redémarré pour terminer l'installation. Appuyez sur le bouton OK pour relancer l'ordinateur. Appuyez sur Annuler pour revenir à Windows sans redémarrer l'ordinateur.")

ControlClick ("Installer", "Le système doit être redémarré pour terminer l'installation. Appuyez sur le bouton OK pour relancer l'ordinateur. Appuyez sur Annuler pour revenir à Windows sans redémarrer l'ordinateur.", "Button3")

ProcessWaitClose("OutpostPro25.exe")

DirCreate(@ProgramsDir&"\Agnitum")

DirCopy  (@HomeDrive&"\Agnitum", @ProgramsDir&"\Agnitum", 1)

DirRemove(@HomeDrive&"\Agnitum", 1)

Hmm...

Don't understand why "Outpost Firewall Pro"; on my french version, that window is called "installer"... And on the english one, "install", no ?

Anyway, I tried your code, but without success.

I think I need to read the help file :-)

Thanks !

Very very very strange...

This is my "final" code, I don't understand at all why this doesn't work... (the last window still opened)

SiMoNsAyS, I've tried your code, the behaviour is exactly the same... :no:

I've checked thousand of times : my window is well named "Installer", the cancel button is the button3 one... Amazing, and frustating !!!

I'm afraid of using AutoIt for others unattended install, since it doesn't seem to work on my computer... :realmad:

Run("OutpostPro25.exe /s")

WinWait("Créer nouvelle configuration")

ControlClick ("Créer nouvelle configuration", "", "Button6")

WinWait("Assistant configuration")

While $e=0

WEnd

ControlClick ("Assistant configuration", "", "Button6")

While $c=0

WEnd

ControlClick ("Assistant de configuration", "", "Button8")

WinWait("Installer")

ControlClick ("Installer", "", "Button3")

ProcessWaitClose("OutpostPro25.exe")

mrjojo, i encourage you to try using autoit's window-spy program so you will know exactly the detailed parameters of the window you are applying the script with (window title, button variable, etc). perhaps, there could be some hidden words or alike that you have omitted at specifying the window... remember, some buttons need to be very detailed (like in the case of "next >>")... each character matters when specifying details of a window or a message box.

otherwise, the variable that controls "button3" under the "controlclick" command maybe referencing another variable.

as for the serial# thingy, the registry method works well as long as you are using a legit key (w/c of course you bought) :P

• 4 months later...

I’ve tested that edmoncu's AutoIt script (Post 1) on Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro 2.7.491 (415), but on Restart Dialog AutoIt script won't do anything it just stop working and I have to press manually No button. So maybe newer Outpost needs different script?

i've attached my current script :)

you need to place the next files on %systemdrive%\Outpost\ during setup:

Outpost.exe (attached)

Outpost.reg (contains your serial and outpost default language)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall]
"Username"="BioHaZaRD"
"Key"="00000"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\Language]
"English"=""
"German"="de"
"Spanish"="es"
"French"="fr"
"Dutch"="nl"
"Russian"="ru"
"Italian"="it"
@="es"

OutpostProInstall.exe (current version of outpost installer)

launch outpost.exe without switches. if you did everything correctly, now outpost will be perfect and silently installed :)

Outpost.rar

• 1 month later...

This is driving me nuts for about 2 weeks!!! :realmad::realmad:

I am installing Outpost with an Autoit script during RunOnceEx and everything is ok.

But after reboot Outpost opens 2 windows: a window with the program and over it a window with "What's New" information.

If one clicks the Close button of "What's New" window and then closes the main program window, Outpost will still be active in the lower right corner bar (can't remember now it's name).

And that is what I am trying to reproduce with an Autoit Script that I place in \Start Menu\Programs\Start up (don't know if this last word is like that in english versions).

But I am not capable, at least satisfactory.

Here is my script:

; Close "What's New" window
WinWait("What's New","Agnitum Outpost Firewall 2.7")
Sleep(40000)
;---------Method 1-------------
Send("!{TAB}")
Send("!{F4}")
;---------Method 2-------------
ControlCommand("What's New", "Agnitum Outpost Firewall 2.7", "Button1", "Check", "")
;---------Method 3-------------
WinSetState("What's New","Agnitum Outpost Firewall 2.7", @SW_HIDE)
;;---------Method 4-------------
WinKill("What's New","Agnitum Outpost Firewall 2.7")
; Close main program window
WinKill("Outpost Firewall Pro ", "Ready")
Exit

I have 2 problems:

1- For methods 2, 3 and 4 to work - and they realy perform what I want - I have to give a huge time for Windows OS to load all the processes and programs (Avast+network+etc) because if I execute those lines imediately after Outpost opens the windows it will not work, they stay open - it is as if the windows were frozen and didn't accept the comand.

2- Method 1 (Control+F4) works imediately after the windows open, but they shutdown the program, solution that I do not want.

I have also tried with Nircmd, with this code:

nircmd.exe win hide stitle "What's New"
nircmd.exe win hide stitle "Outpost Firewall Pro"

Again it doesn't work if I execute the command right after the appearing of the windows.

Am I missing something? :wacko::wacko:

Can anyone suggest something?

Thank you.

@ JohnS

The setting you want for the Whats New dialog is in the outpost.ini file.

[WhatsNew]
history.txt=1c5731f/e1d5e900

this is added when you have clicked the ok box, unsure of what the numbers mean after the = sign, maybe when the program was first run or the dialog accepted. Most of the settings are stored there, things like news alerts, plugin alerts logging options.

save your configured inin file and alter your script to copy the new outpost.ini file over to the Agnitum dir and overwrite the one that is there, do this before the computer reboots so that on the next reboot it will use the new ini file.