Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Selective Screen-shot

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

prathapml

prathapml

Follow the rules please :-)

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
Everybody knows that pressing the "Print Screen" key will take a screen-shot of whatever your screen is displaying at the time. But what do you do when you want to only take a shot of the currently active window?

Do an Alt+Print Screen

That way, only the currently active window will be imaged and copied to clip-board. After that, you can do whatever you'd like to, as normally. Paste to Paint, MS Word, IrfanView, PhotoShop, or whatever....

Basically... make the title bar of whichever window that you want to take a picture of.
Then hold down the "Alt" key, and press the "Prt Scrn" key - and then paste into whatever imaging application you want.

Again, not a new tip, but its nice to have it listed down - so that we can ourselves search for it years later (when its forgotten), or for newbies to read and learn.
Posted ImageCheers !!!   Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running
||Please Read the Forum Rules||  Etiquette   || Welcome to MSFN - Forum Basics || Before posting
prathapml :: MSFN Supermod :: Private Message me if you ever have a problem while at MSFN

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

dcrowder32

dcrowder32

Junior

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 13-September 04
A lot of people use a program called SnagIt. I use one called Gadwin PrintScreen, which has nearly as many features as SnagIt, but it free. With one touch of print screen button, it captures screen to clipboard and can also save as file with auto incrementing name. Can capture whole screen, window, or rectangular region you select. Output can be about any format like bitmap, jpeg, etc. All in all a very useful program...and free!

download from here....http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

Halzions

Halzions

• 18 posts
  • Joined 22-October 04
Alt+PrintScreen is very usefull thanks ive always wondered on how to take a screen shot of only one window :)

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts
  • Joined 08-August 04
@prathapml: Great! ;)

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
lol thanks for reminding all prathapml
I personally use another Free one called HandySnap in case I want just a portion.
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

prathapml

prathapml

Follow the rules please :-)

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
I take pleasure in not having to use 3rd party software to do what I want.

MS-paint is anyway the cure-all - as far as basic editing/chopping is concerned.
Posted ImageCheers !!!   Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running
||Please Read the Forum Rules||  Etiquette   || Welcome to MSFN - Forum Basics || Before posting
prathapml :: MSFN Supermod :: Private Message me if you ever have a problem while at MSFN

Astalavista

Astalavista

MSFN loyalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Joined 02-December 03
hehehhee that is a good one.

i use a program called hypersnap that is what i used to capture the images
for my completed xp setupscreens

u can use it for basic editing as well

dcrowder32

dcrowder32

Junior

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 13-September 04

I take pleasure in not having to use 3rd party software to do what I want.

MS-paint is anyway the cure-all - as far as basic editing/chopping is concerned.

Good for people who do not do many screen shots. I do a lot of documentation with hundreds of screen prints. So a little time saved on each one really adds up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users