[How To]: Nero 6.6.0.0

SiMoNsAyS

@Astalavista i can't understand u too well...

if i try to enter a new serial no.

it shows two serials, one is my valid 6.6 serial. the other is serial (partial)

1a25-4706-7030-1366-????-????

why enter a new serial? just uninstall and modify your new created rar file with the valid 6.6 serial, then reinstall.
here is the 4 registry entries that needs to be deleted or modified.

you mean if you already inserted the second key? to delete them use this code but still i can't understand why :P

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{C4EE31F3-4768-11D2-BE5C-00A0C9A83DA1}\ContainingTextMRU]
"000"=-
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Info]
"Serial6"=-
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ahead\Nero Fast CD-Burning Plug-in]
"Serial"=-
[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-776561741-688789844-839522115-500\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{C4EE31F3-4768-11D2-BE5C-00A0C9A83DA1}\ContainingTextMRU]
"000"=-

Yes, I understand what you are saying. My Nero 6.6 uses a default serial (dummy serial) too if I install it using ther REGULAR method. But using this method, it doesn't ask for any serial because the serial is written through the switch. Im not so sure if the dummy serial will placed in the registry when using this method.

The nero 6.6 i downloaded automatically enters a serial no for u = demo version. that is why people who have a valid serial # still gets demo version after installation. Despite the fact they have a valid serial #.

i extracted my nero 6.6 reloaded.exe

i went to nero6\setup.exe

i ran the setup.exe

guess what the default serial is 1a25-4706-7030-1366-????-????

if you read carefully the first post i tell you the source from where to download the 6.6 version.

if you download an installer that automatically adds the serial number it's because it's a pirated copy from an illegal source. i'm sure that you downloaded it from a torrent or donkey net.

probably install it's called with the /SN switch so when the setup prompts it has already the key number.

if you follow the steps at the first post you won't find any problem, that's for sure. from here i recommend every1 to download the file from first post link (MSFN) and left out questions related to "unclean" installers :whistle:

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

I strongly agree with astalavista. My Nero automatically writes a dummy serial in the regsitry, and that makes all those demo shortcuts, and the demo in the Add/Remove programs. Please take a look at the picture below.

Go to Nero Burning Rom --> Help --> Enter New Serial.
You will see two sets of serial numbers there. Try deleting the Nero 6 serial, and the DEMO shortcuts and description in the Add/Remove will change. What is the command to delete an entry in the registry? Because we need to delete this entry.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Info]

"Serial6"="1A25-4706-7030-1366-1263-xxxx"

post-80-1097280960_thumb.jpg

@SiMoNsAyS

If you want only Nero you can replace everything, just leave the Nero folder and I think it will be down 10Mb (Untested)

you meen delete all folders & leave Nero Folder intacted? (you wrote replace)

@MtK no i didn't misspelled ;)

i specially said replace because if you simply remove them, then the installer will prompt an error so it can't find the necessary files. you need to replace them with 0-byte (dummy) files. as i said you must left intact the nero folder, setup.exe and setup.cfg. you can replace some pluggins from the common folder and you can replace too some contents of the redist dir. feel free to post feedback and how much did you reduced it :P

@Astalavista LoL, that's interesting, probably the serial problem, take a look at the solution on first post :yes:

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

I don't know. But its still not working for me. Can someone just tell me how to delete this entry? I have to try it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Info]"Serial6"="1A25-4706-7030-1366-1263-xxxx"

I tried

REG DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\AHEAD\NERO - BURNING ROM\INFO /V SERIAL6
but its not working. What is wrong with this command?

[...]to delete them use this code but still i can't understand why :P

[...]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Info]
"Serial6"=-
[...]

alanoll adviced me 1 time "people simply don't read"...

@totoymola i've answered that before, please scroll 9 posts up

that's if you have already installed nero, if not PLEASE READ, take a look at first post :}

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

OMG! i give up! :(

uninstall and reinstall using method on first post, that it's: insert key first via reg and then follow the silent install process. this is the LAST time i'm going to answer this question :no:

PEOPLE I RECOMMEND EVERY1 TO READ AND SEARCH UNTIL POST AGAIN

edit: Astalavista try it removing ALL the entries about nero or in a clean XP installation because it works for me

Edited by SiMoNsAyS