Deep Freeze - Protect your Hardrive from changes

Zilevoli

Yeah, that's what I always do, with any app that I want to test out. But since this one was "featured" on msfn forum - I placed some certainty in it that it would work fine... :}

BTW, I don't *EVER* uninstall anything. I simply install what I want, and let my OS partition fill-up. Since I anyway do a clean re-install every 3 or 4 days. :lol:

(yeah, that's kind of extreme, but I need to do that everytime I need to test my uA on real hardware - I do a ratio of 6 tests on VMware to 1 test on real machine).

Featured eh ... hmmm ... so all programs mentioned on the boards are featured eh? *evil grin* I am thinking i should break out a huge list of software in that case :P

Oh well. **** thats alot of testing though. Deep Freeze in your case is worthless, cause it is ment to keep a system in tac over time. Your time period between reformats are a bit too close to even think of using such software. Ah well I encourage you to try again and do tell what happens with that install.

For clarification uA is?

haha... I meant featured in the sense that you wouldn't post about it unless you tested and liked it. And you won't like it unless it was good. And you'd have enough experience to tell us what is good. Well, this topic is a different case though. :P Looks like you tested it and forgot to tell that you had problems with it. Well never mind, Deep Freeze got a bit of bad press, lol. Check out searching for it on google, This page appears as one of the top results now! :D

And yeah, breaking out a huge list of software is good. We'd be happy to see what interesting products are out there. Just don't forget to post the negative points as well. :P

And Deep Freeze is worthless for my home PC, but it'd be a *HUGE* benefit for my job. Woulda been nice if it worked good. And uA is un-attended - I'm a bit lazy on typing, lol.

I think the problems I had were my fault by rushing into something I had no idea what it was. So I guess the software has a few initial setup issues for beginers that need to be addressed before installing the program. Other than that if the manual is read ... should be a smooth install, speaking from installing it on at least 6 systems at work and home (2000,XP,98).

Anyway ... I am gonna try this cleanSlate that was mentioned on the first page as soon as i get my "uA" done.

PS how you like my signiture?

I have Deep Freeze on my computer. While it was in a frozen state I tried to move the deep freeze folder from one location to another using cut and paste. Now I cannot access the login window (icon disappeared from trey and ctrl+alt+shift+F6 does not work anymore). So although I know the password, I can no longer thaw the system (maybe the software "thinks" it's been tampered with and "hides"??)

I'm not an expert (obviously). Can someone help me access the software without having to format c:? Thanx.

:blushing:

• 1 month later...