Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

XP network help

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Rick

Rick

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
I have set up my laptop and desktop under simple file sharing and I noticed one very nagging thing when I tried to access my program files. I got a message telling me "All the options on this tab are disabled because this folder is used by the operating system" after trying to share it. I know what this means but does anybody know how to tell it to let me in anyway?

Rick :)
Welcome to MSFN!

Read the Forum Rules
Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Big Booger

Big Booger

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
http://www.computing...orum/34053.html

I found that article that might help you.
Another thing I heard was to share each folder individually within the programs folder to get access.. i dont know if it works because I have never shared the program folder.
BB
Posted Image

Rick

Rick

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
Thanks for the links Boogs...that link is cool...when you type in what it says...a password box pops up...I have no idea what to put there because I have never set a password for any of my accounts. But I think your idea of just sharing the folders individually will work fine...there are just a few progs that I want to be able to get into.

Rick :)
Welcome to MSFN!

Read the Forum Rules
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN