whats a good DVD-RW

which is best  

13 members have voted

1. 1. which is best

• Pioneer DVR-108 16X DVD+/-RW Dual Layer (Black) $111
    • LG GSA-4160B 16x DVD+/-RW, Dual Layer (Black) $109
    • I prefer ... (please state yours that u believe is better)

im building a new pc, & im debating between these 2 DVD-RW's

Pioneer DVR-108 16X DVD+/-RW Dual Layer (Black) $111

LG GSA-4160B 16x DVD+/-RW, Dual Layer (Black) $109

i also have a LG 52x32x52 cdrw

I hesitated on picking the 4th option in the poll ;)

I just bought that pioneer (btw, the first 2 sites I checked were cheaper: 99$ cdn at oemexpress, 103$ at ncix... most places will price match too) and it's working just as well as my last pioneer worked. No complaints whatsoever.

I haven't really checked this LG model. LG's quality/reliability seems to vary a lot on a per model basis, and since the pioneer drive was cheaper and that I already know and trust the brand...

If speed isn't a great issue, then the liteon 812s makes for a cheap 75$ rpc1 832s too (after reflashing firmware).

Pioneer DVR-108 16X DVD+/-RW Dual Layer (Black) $111

I have had one of these for about a month now, very good, mine cost £65 GBP.

Not brought any dual layer discs just yet as they are quite expensive in the UK compared to the cost of single layer ones.....

It has not failed any burning discs, both CD and DVD-R.

wow :D great :D

I hesitated on picking the 4th option in the poll

i know :blushing: i think i maybe hit [Enter] so it made a blank option , & i didnt see an option 2 edit the poll, so maybe if i mod stops by they can edit it :P but yes, plz dont vote for the "null" option

hahaha! too late i voted for the null option! lol. :thumbup

i have used both pioneer and lg drives before. as with any optical drive i have purchased, they all seem to perform the same. i haven't had any major malfunctions. i would only purchase the pioneer if you are swayed by brand name manufacturers. lg makes a lot of products, but they don't have the reputation that pioneer has.

I had pioneer a04 -104 back when it was first released. it was 2x and i was happy with it.

Now I've lite-on 811s (8x) and i'm more than happy with it :) most ppl won't really care about this but the ability for backing up my games is an important option for me. I think pioneers still cannot do it but lite-on is pretty good at it.

lite-on's are cheap and very very good. if u want to pay more get plextor.

but before doing anything else go look at www.tomshardware.com and check for the reviews. they should have a page with most popular dvd+/-rw 's compared in 1 page....