Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How often do you switch HD?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: How often do you switch a HD in your PC with a brand new one? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

How often do you switch a HD in your PC with a brand new one?

1. Every year or less (4 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Every 2 years (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Every 3 to 5 years (4 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

4. More than 5 years (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

5. Never (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Nilfred

Nilfred

• PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Joined 18-September 04
HD sizes doubles every year and munufacturers says it only lasts for 5 years.
What do you think about?
Nilfred :-)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

CoffeeFiend

CoffeeFiend

Coffee Aficionado

• Super Moderator
  • 5,399 posts
  • Joined 14-July 04
If you only have 1 PC, and just change it's drive, than I guess it's easy to answer to that poll... I buy new HDs a few times per year and I rotate the old ones. Like, a 200GB would replace a 120GB, which in turn will replace a 80, in turn replacing a 60 that I will finally get rid of... (or keep for other purposes, depending on size/age/needs) You get the idea. It's cheaper to upgrade all your PCs like that, and it's nice to have an extra few GB on all of them.
Coffee: \ˈkȯ-fē, ˈkä-\. noun. Heaven in a cup. Life's only treasure. The meaning of life. Kaffee ist wunderbar. C8H10N4O2 FTW.

Tokugawapants

Tokugawapants

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Joined 04-April 04
I've never actually replaced an HD on a new PC, but I just got an external HD once. I don't take up too much space lol.

sven

sven

iPod therefore iHappy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • Joined 13-August 03
i dont change my hds because i would have to reinstall windows and everything...which im not in the mood to do, and got to backup all the music and crap :no: . im just gonna get a new hd to upgrade the size
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users