Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

ad-aware silent install

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

jorsak

jorsak

• 37 posts
Since so many have been helpful to me, I wanted to give back what I could to the community.

After installing ad-aware, the help file and update automatically run. I could not find anywhere the switches to disable these, so I managed a work around. If this can save someone else time, wonderfull!.

First, download the utility pskill (freeware) from the following:

http://www.sysintern...re/pskill.shtml

Then put the pskill.exe in whatever folder you are running your install from (for me it was the "TCGDiagnosticsApps" folder.

The commands look like this:

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.05
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\TCGDiagnosticsApps\aawsepersonal.exe /SILENT
start /wait %systemdrive%\TCGDiagnosticsApps\pskill.exe hh.exe
start /wait %systemdrive%\TCGDiagnosticsApps\pskill.exe ad-aware.exe

The end result is a completely silent install of ad-aware. Hope this helps someone.

:-)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

lilweirddude

lilweirddude

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
you could juset use taskkill
REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 2 /D "TASKKILL /F /IM Ad-Aware.exe"
REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 3 /D "TASKKILL /F /IM hh.exe"

totoymola

totoymola

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
Yeah. That is correct. Unless you are using Windows XP Home. :D
Picasa2 MSI ----------- ResEdit MSI
DOWNLOAD ------------ DOWNLOAD

jorsak

jorsak

• 37 posts
Exactly!

I also needed something a little more generically viable since I will be using this in many environment as part of an install process for a bunch of different diagnostics apps.

PSKill works on NT3.5, NT4.0, 2K, and all flavors of XP. Which, in my humble, and very limited knowledge, is a better situation than Taskkill allows for.

But thanks for the script info for task

jorsak

jorsak

• 37 posts
As a side note, does anyone know of a good utility for killing processes in 9x?

jorsak

jorsak

• 37 posts
Found a new (freeware) Process killing application that is compatible with: Win9X, WinME, NT, 2000 and XP. It's called Procrecon. It can be found at:

http://www.webchitec...n/download.html

Using it, the above example of ad-aware's help menu and application termination afte r asilent install would like like:

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.05
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\X\aawsepersonal.exe /SILENT
start /wait %systemdrive%\X\ProcRecon.exe /t "Ad-Aware SE Personal"
start /wait %systemdrive%\X\ProcRecon.exe /t "Ad-Aware SE Personal edition"

X = the location of your install script.

lilweirddude

lilweirddude

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
http://www.msfn.org/...60
try that

mazin

mazin

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,952 posts
Doesn't this release need a serial to be entered at installation time like the Pro version?
Posted Image

jorsak

jorsak

• 37 posts
Nope. The SE personal 1.5 version is the free version you can get from anywhere.

mazin

mazin

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,952 posts
Thanks for the info.
Posted Image

totoymola

totoymola

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
Even the pro version doesn't requires a serial.
Picasa2 MSI ----------- ResEdit MSI
DOWNLOAD ------------ DOWNLOAD

Nologic

Nologic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Well some thing that could be done is to edit my pro build I just released to work with the PE version.

[link]

Just post it to that thread once done...and don't forget to tag your nick in as author :)

jorsak

jorsak

• 37 posts
Guys, do you happen to know how to default the Ad-aware program to NOT automatically run the helpfile, update, and system scan after install?

I'm using my program/script to kill these apps after the install but it's a pain and creates extra work that shouldn't have to be there.

IF anyone knows a way to have them turned off by default that would be a GREAT help.

oioldman

oioldman

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
@jorsak, they way your doing is the only way, at least until Lavasoft do a new release withoutthat part happening
"Information on the Internet is subject to the same rules and regulations as conversation at a bar" Dr George Lundberg

Search: To make a thorough examination of; look over carefully in order to find something; explore.

Antec P182 containing 8GB DDR2 Corsair & Intel Quad 6600 plugged in to Asus P5E-VM HDMI running W7 Professional

lilweirddude

lilweirddude

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
its not that much work
its just 2 lines of text

jorsak

jorsak

• 37 posts
Thanks for the info. The problem isn't the "work" as much as the part of the unknown time before as-aware opens. Ad-aware.exe only opens AFTER the downloaded update installs. So, on some slower machines or machines with slower internet connections, the ad-aware.exe files doesn't open until AFTER the kill command has executed. I THOUGHT that the /wait command made it not execute the next line until AFTER the previous line had ran.

Is there a way to insure that the kill lines don't run until ad-aware.exe has launched?

oioldman

oioldman

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
The help and download now box appear, whether you have a net connection or not.
I pause for 10secs, and this is sufficient to open them both beofre being killed.
"Information on the Internet is subject to the same rules and regulations as conversation at a bar" Dr George Lundberg

Search: To make a thorough examination of; look over carefully in order to find something; explore.

Antec P182 containing 8GB DDR2 Corsair & Intel Quad 6600 plugged in to Asus P5E-VM HDMI running W7 Professional

Jito463

Jito463

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
Or, in the case of Ad-Aware SE Personal, just create an SFX Rar file of the lavasoft directory in Program Files and copy it back over. And if you like, create the shortcuts on the desktop and in the Start menu. I do this for 1.05 and it works flawlessly every time.
Help us help YOU! <-- Click here

ManosR

ManosR
  • 2 posts
i have a problem with ad aware.i use the folowing commands in a bat file and it works.but i cant change the direction path.i want to install the program at in a folder called Programs.But goes to the default folder (program files).

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Lavasoft Ad-Aware 6
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait .\adaware6.exe /s /DIR="C:\Programs\Lavasoft\Adaware_6"

Edited by ManosR, 11 June 2009 - 05:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN