can't repair xp

yayane

aquari:

Thks dude, I hope i can help in future nlite issues.

Mad_Evil:

Well...I wasnt asking for attention since I know how to use this method to keep the repair options....I guess who will need attention will be future nLiters who may need this for working enviroment, and has such Im thinking of them (general nLite comunity), not in me....I honestly hope that you understand that..otherwise you are the one who needs attention.

Mad_Evil:

Well...I wasnt asking for attention since I know how to use this method to keep the repair options....I guess who will need attention will be future nLiters who may need this for working enviroment, and has such Im thinking of them (general nLite comunity), not in me....I honestly hope that you understand that..otherwise you are the one who needs attention.

dude, no offence, just a little bit of sarcasm, nothing else.

+ I don't believe in windows repair. if crap happens - I do a complete reinstall/reformat.

and ofc good job on the explainin :)

Setup automaticly searches for winnt.sif on a disk.

it would be great if setup searches also on USB keys

(USB keys are a lot better and safer than floppies...)

do you know if it is possible?

I searched by myself, event at microsoft.com, and nothing about it...

• 5 months later...

Thank you, sIn_maxo! I am exactly what you mentioned in the previous posts - a future nLiter who needs an answer. This issue just came up for me and six months after your great solution. I appreciate your help on this! Some people don't have foresight. I have found solutions to problems in posts as old as 10 year on various forums.

Can't wait to get my repair option back...

• 2 months later...
+ I don't believe in windows repair. if crap happens - I do a complete reinstall/reformat.

and ofc good job on the explainin :)

Well considering that if you change IDE controller (because of mother upgrade or Raid card) the only way to keep XP running again is to do a repair, so that's why is a needed option. No crap there.

Edited by isidro

• 8 months later...