Reg tweak for 'Xtra large icons, silver appearance

ran

I've just gotten a laptop whose native display is something like 1600x1300 - waayyyy to small for me.

I have found however that I can enable 'Extra large icons' under appearance which helps immensly (for some windows - not all seem to follow that). In addition, I chose the 'silver' instead of 'blue' theme.

Where are the registry entries for this located? Is there a simple registry 'comparer' that would allow me to make changes, then determine the "before & after" to see what was actually changed?

(As a side note, I seem to have a windows explorer window keep popping up everytime I boot into windows - even though I have 'remember previous windows' unchecked. Where can I change the registry to keep this from happening?)

As always, thanks for all your help!

Ran

• 1 year later...

About the large icons:

I'm not sure of this, but since you havn't gotten any answer I'll might as well try to help you.

Refering to this post, look at the first reply. They refere to a registry string which has to do with Theme-manager. Maybe if you set your computer to use large icons, there will be an regentry about the icons in that location in reistry..

Altarnate you could use one of those monitor-your-registry-entries-programs (don't remember any names right now). Such programs monitor any changes done to your registry. Try to start such a program, enable large icons then stop the program. Then you'll be able to see what reg-key has been changed..

Good luck :)

Setup the desktop the way that you like it, then under Display Properties, in the Themes tab, click on Save As...

Put this .theme file in your $OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes folder on your CD. In your winnt.sif file, have the following property under the [shell] section:

CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%SYSTEMROOT%\Resources\Themes\MyTheme.theme"