Strange acting on opening some internet-sites

Lukefwkr

Hello everyone,

i´m writing this in the hope that somebody out there can help me!

Currently i have a very strange phenomenom when trying to open some sites on any browser or download manager on this system. (Windows 2000) This system hangs on a small network with an Windows 2000 Server with Routing and RAS-Server, that is connected to the Internet.

Example: www.ebay.de - when trying to open this site in my IE, i recognise the DNS resolve, but it won´t open the site - and i get the "Page not found"-page. On Mozilla there shows up a "site contains no data"-dialogue. Even on trying to open this website from a Virtual Machine with Windows XP this thing happens.

There is no firewall or other web-filter software active, that may block this activities. All other PC´s and Notebooks in this network can access www.ebay.de.

I already checked this system with SD Spybot & Destroy and several other programs, that are able to locate any hijacker, in the hope to find the cause but that didn´t help. Then i checked the devicemanager´s not-plug-and-play components and removed some not anymore available devices, that were still hanging around there, and it didnt ´solve my problem either. The side effect was: now my system boots much faster :)

After also removing and reinstalling both the NIC-drivers and the TCP/IP protocoll, this error still is present. I did a Windows Update and after installing several patches, guess what - yes - error is still present.

Now i have a very fast booting, and smooth running Windows 2000 operating system that cannot open www.ebay.de :}

But here is the interessting part: i installed a HTTP-Proxy on my Routing-and-RAS Server, configured my Browser to use this proxy, and i was able to open www.ebay.de from my Win 2000 PC. Well, this may be a solution, but not the final one.

Why won´t my system open that **** www.ebay.de site without proxy? Other sites like google.de, yahoo.com or microsoft.com work like a charm.

Any suggestions are really appreciated!

Thanx in advanced!

Greetings

Lukefwkr