Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

registy address different in virtual pc

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

mado21

mado21
  • 5 posts
hi i am a bit of a newbie to all this, i could do with some help please, the problem i am having is, i am trying to register popup inspecter then install it, it works ok on my normal pc with a batch command but when i try it on virtual pc the registry address is different, here is the two addresses
normal pc [HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1078081533-813497703-1343024091-1003\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\PopUpInspector\Keys]
"Registration"="removed"

virtual pc hkey_users\s-1-5-21-1614895754-1383384898-1708537768-500

can anyone please tell me why they are different, is this a feature of virtual pc or do the addresses change on every pc

thanks for your help

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jrzycrim

jrzycrim

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
Those registry keys will vary from installation to installation.

Try using this:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\PopUpInspector\Keys]
"Registration"="removed"

That goes for any keys/values in HKEY_USERS\...\

Use HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ instead.
Jim Roberts

"Knowledge is chimera, for beyond it ever lies other knowledge, and the incompleteness of what is known renders the knowing false."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN