Any thread that I find, or is reported to me, within the Unattended forum, including the Member forums, will be closed.
To Aid those who do not know how to use the search function.....
Watch that to get an overview. While doing a search, increase the time limit to larger then 30 days as most things is most likely before 30 days have passed, even 60 days.
When in the search box, be specific but not to specific, and possibly click the radio button on "View Posts" instead of "View Topics". Start general then narrow down if you get too many results. If you get too many results, don't just skip them and post saying you searched but didn't find. You found, you didn't read.
Also, using boolean expressions such as AND OR NOR XOR or the likes will help in multiword searches. + 's may be used before words to narror down the search to see if whatever worlds with the +'s as also in the topic/post.
That being said, if it is evident that you have not searched, your topic will be closed. Depending on how time pressed I am, I will provide a link to search results that will help you or provide a direct link to your question's answer.
As of late, I've been seeing more and more posts that are just repeats of what's already been answered. Alot of the elder members will simply disregard your post because of this. If one can not respect others to read what has already been done, instead of having to reinvent the wheel everytime, you do not deserve an answer, I'm sorry but it really truly is a waste of time to answer the SAME question over and over. Including the OEMPreInstall=YES problem.
When writing posts, try and be clear about what you want. A good example, and no I'm not picking on you, is saying you want to "intergrate windows security", but not actually describe what you want. Or "How do I install...." type questions which are just asking the simple, how do I use start? should be avoided.
And just because people will read this, and not the Forum Rules thread, how about alittle reminder....
1. This is not a warez site! Links/Requests to warez and/or illegal material (porn, cracks, serials, etc..) will not be tolerated. Discussion of circumventing activation/timebombs/keygens or any other illegal activity will also not be tolerated. If you ignore any of the aforementioned you will receive a final warning. If you choose to continue, you will be banned without notice.
2. Use some common sense. Don't post your question under multiple topics. Think before posting and choose the right topic for you question or answer. When posting, have something to say, not just "My First post!" or "Cool site!!!" We sort of have the idea by now :-).
7.a You are expected to be mature when discussing in threads. Racism, pornography, threatening, profanity, or excessive vulgarity is not tolerated. You will be promptly banned. No Exceptions.
7.b This community is built upon mutual respect. You are not allowed to flame other members. People who do not respect personal opinions and/or personal work will be warned in first instance. If you ignore the warning and keep on flaming, you will be banned without notice.
11. Please refrain from using CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many of MSFN's members.
12. Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about. For example:
- Oh no!
- I'm mad
- Please help
- I need your help
- Hmmmm ....
This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.
A few good examples:
- Strange problem with DirectX9b redist
- RunOnceEx install problem (double installation)
- Change Internet Explorer's Icon back to default
This post is not directed at anyone, but should be considered a Public Warning. This does NOT apply to most people on the board, but there are a few, and this will help the community continue to innovate and grow.