Registering File Extensions Unattended

SiMoNsAyS

Just for those who don't want to do a search, here are the code for RunOnceEx.cmd...

REG ADD %KEY%\087 /V 2 /D "\"%programfiles%\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe\" /regvid" /f

From this post.

I would still like to know how to associate all the Video Files with WMP10. But I believe the code Simonsays posted wont work for individuals who logon. I think you need HKCU settings, not HKLM.

FLAC and OGG both opened with WMP10, yet you still need to tell it to "never ask about this extension again" when the warning comes up the first time.

[EDIT] Solution add this to registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.flac]
"Runtime"=dword:00000001
"Permissions"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.ogg]
"Runtime"=dword:00000001
"Permissions"=dword:00000001

This code looks identical to yours though, I am doing something wrong? However that doesnt fix this next issue:

I've noticed a few things though, these files have a different Icon from other registered media files. And they cannot be added to Media Player with the Context Menu or Music Tasks. I attatched a picture to show what I mean.

Nothing is really wrong here, its just missing some functionality.

If I select them>right click>open WMP only opens one of them or crashes.

@DigeratiPrime the code to avoid the warns for those filetypes is correct, try importing it again. referring to the file icon, you can change it, take a look at the code again, and there's no missing funcionality, you can change "shell/Open" with "shell/Play" to get the same menu entries.

Does anyone know how to register archives (zip, rar, cab etc) to winrar?

options>export/import>export settings to file on the winrar main gui

[edit]solved a little glitch unmounting iso images[/edit]

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

Does anyone know how to register archives (zip, rar, cab etc) to winrar?

options>export/import>export settings to file on the winrar main gui

Yeah I figured this. However, Winrar needs to be started first before the file extensions are actually taken over by winrar.

@Timorad you just need this .reg file

I know about the ability to export settings to a reg file. When the unattended installation is finished, archived files are not directly opened by winrar. It just pops up the standard windows-window, asking with what program I want to open the file. Only AFTER I manually start the winrar executable, the settings are read out, and the files are actually associated with winrar.

It isn't a big problem (I guess I can start winrar in the unattended process, and kill it afterwards), but I was hoping there would be a better solution.

@DigeratiPrime, glad to help :)

@Timorad, with the winrar reg file you don't need to open and kill winrar, it will be associated perfectly.

@MSFN, i'm surprised because i'm missing contributions, don't you want to associate the extensions with your favorite program?! also it can be used to change the default icons for files, i'm sure someone will find it interesting ;)

• 4 weeks later...

please add APE to WMP10 Associations.

Ive tested this and it works:

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.ape\shell\Open\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe /Open \"%%L\"" /f
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.ape\DefaultIcon" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe,0" /f

REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.ape" /v "Runtime" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions\.ape" /v "Permissions" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

RadLight APE DirectShow Filter

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Vi...ow-Filter.shtml

First off, thanks to SiMoNsAyS. I've only been at this for a couple of days, and one name I have seen over and over again is yours. Your work has made my work so much easier.

I have a question about the Daemon Tools associations. If I am understanding this correctly, I should be able to add options to mount and unmount the 3rd and 4th devices by adding the following to the registry:

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\D-Tools\shell\Mount on Third Device\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\D-Tools\daemon.exe -noicon -mount 2, \"%%1\"" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\D-Tools\shell\Unmount Third Device\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\D-Tools\daemon.exe -noicon -unmount 2" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\D-Tools\shell\Mount on Fourth Device\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\D-Tools\daemon.exe -noicon -mount 3, \"%%1\"" /F
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\D-Tools\shell\Unmount Fourth Device\command" /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\D-Tools\daemon.exe -noicon -unmount 3" /F

My question is actually a short series of questions.

1. Am I interpreting this correctly?
  2. Is there a way to change the shell integration so that the main right-click list shows only "Mount to" and "Unmount" with the individual devices as flyouts? (Think of the "Open With" flyout, once more than one program has been associated with a file type.)
  3. Is there a way to configure D-Tools and/or the registry so that the specific device numbers will only appear if they are in fact in operation? (For example: If I have D-Tools set to only one device, options for mounting and unmounting will only appear for Device 0.)

I hope I have made this clear enough. If not, please let me know and I will try to elaborate.