Keyboard Layout

Hi all

I have a problem, in winnt.sif i have KeyboardLayout="Spanish" but when windows is in hte text mode setup i get an error "is something like the keyboard layout "spanish" not exist" and i cant install windows. But if i dont write in winnt.sif the keyboard layout when windows is installed i get spanish variation and i need International Spanish keyboard.

Any solution?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks

Isn't the spanish keyboard-layout "code" ES or something like that?

Like the american is US...

Nope, US is more of an exception :) @Fl1pa0: Have you removed the LANG-folder or used nLite to remove the languages? Or try it without the quotes.

I used nlite to remove languages like chineese...

When windows is installed i can change the language and select international spanish but i want to install it from unattended cd.

Thanks

Sry for my english

One more prob,

I installed dvorak layout for my keyboard. But it changes only for gui mode not in the text mode.

also I get two layouts US&US-dvorak. How can I get rid of US layout in install itself. I also get the language bar. I want to get rid of that too.

here is the snippet from my winnt.sif

[RegionalSettings]
   LanguageGroup=1
   SystemLocale=00000409
   UserLocale=00000409
   InputLocale=0409:00010409
   InputLocale_DefaultUser=0409:00010409

thankyou

• 2 weeks later...

Got It!

You absolutely need to type EXACTLY the keyboard layout from file txtsetup.sif

look for this section: ["Keyboard Layout"] (near the bottomn of the file)

Under this section, you will find the exact name of the desired keyboard layout

example:

I use a french version of XP, living in Canada, so I need the "french canadian multilingual" (as told in technet) BUT it does not exists. In fact, the name of the keyboard layout was translated, so I found "Français - Canada, Multilingue"

So I put in the unattended section of winnt.sif this: KeyboardLayout="Français - Canada, Multilingue" .

That's it!

Sometimes, the keyboard layout may be written with "garbage" in the file (I found "Fran‡ais" instead or 'Français"). So I simply renamed it to match what I wrote in winnt.sif.

:P