HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

I'm seeing the KB836528 MyDoom removal tool in WindowsUpdate on fresh installs in VirtualPC now. Anybody else seeing this?

Needless to say, I'm already working on a GDItool-style fix for my next release :D

EDIT: I'm having no luck tricking Windows into thinking the MyDoom checker already ran with registry entries. This is a tough nut to crack.

Ok on the GDITool,

I wanted a silent Install switch for it. It was a little tough but heres what I came up with.

that thing is so weird, doesn't copy the dll or .inf no where, basically it creates some reg entries and a few minor files

E:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb

E:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.chk

E:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.log

E:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG

E:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemess.log

and a few others it modifies or creates

I ran that on a clean Install of Pro with Dotnet I had to Install also. It requires Dotnet, Office or a few other things in order for it even to install. I'm thinking if those files needed update then possibly it would copy the oudetect.dll, msiutil2.exe, gditool.inf, gdidet.cif files and replace the old ones.

Modifies this reg key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ServiceCurrent]
@=dword:0000000a

Adds This

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_MSISERVER\0000\Control]
"ActiveService"="MSIServer"

I did determine that running it by clicking on it that it extracts it to the same exact %TEMP% dir I used in the commandline below

So heres what I'm thinking

The commandline I pasted is correct to install it silent.

Anyone got any thoughts on it?

SVCPACK.INF

[setupHotfixesToRun]

873374.exe /Q /T:%TEMP% /C /C:"%SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 gditool.inf"