Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
mediapla

MCE 2005 Installs not all components

mediapla    0
:wacko: I installed XP MCE 2005 in unattend mode. Works fine, no error. But at the end of the setup process i find no mce components at my version. Its only a normal XP Prof. There is a ehome directory, with only one file. Whats going wrong ? I searched for an installer (like in mce2002) i searched the DVD(OEM Version) for winnt.sif/cmdlines.txt.. files....nothing found. But its really a MCE2005 CD, shipped with a new PC...How is it possible to install the mce components(unattended)?

develyn    0

Make sure you use the /Makelocalsource:All flag on the winnt32 command.

%SystemDrive%\mce2005\I386\WINNT32 /UNATTEND:%SystemDrive%\mce2005\0.TXT /SYSPART:C /MAKELOCALSOURCE:ALL

exit

Metzen    0
:wacko: I installed XP MCE 2005 in unattend mode. Works fine, no error. But at the end of the setup process i find no mce components at my version.  Its only a normal XP Prof. There is a ehome directory, with only one file. Whats going wrong ? I searched for an installer (like in mce2002) i searched the DVD(OEM Version) for winnt.sif/cmdlines.txt.. files....nothing found. But its really a MCE2005 CD, shipped with a new PC...How is it possible to install the mce components(unattended)?

You have to make sure you use a Windows MCE 2005 product key, not a Windows XP Pro product key.

mediapla    0

To DEVELYN: I dont use winnt32.exe , its a bootable DVD with unattended install

to METZEN: The key ist the original key from the original OEM DVD. The original

DVD installs all components, but if i add it to my special bootdvd it doesnt install.

nick916    0

I'm having the same problem. Did you figure it out? My MCE2005 was 2 disks, I copied them into the same folder and then slipstreamed SP2 into the folder. Does this seem ok? I then created my winnt.sif from the setupmgr that I pulled off the Deploy.cab

Here is the line out of my winnt.bat:

set AnswerFile=.\winnt.sif

set SetupFiles=D:\i386

D:\i386\winnt32 /s:%SetupFiles% /unattend:%AnswerFile% /copysource:lang

Where should I put the "/MAKELOCALSOURCE:ALL" is that not really needed? My key is correct as well. I was able to manually walk through the install, and had it working, I'm just trying to speed up the install phase.

Thanks in advance.

-Nick

totoymola    0
I'm having the same problem. Did you figure it out? My MCE2005 was 2 disks, I copied them into the same folder and then slipstreamed SP2 into the folder. Does this seem ok?

Why would you do that? MCE2005 has SP2 integrated already. Yeah it is a 2-cd installation, because the CMPNENTS folder is on the 2nd cd.

What I did was, I just copied all the contents of the 1st disc to a folder (XPCD folder for example), then I copied the CMPNENTS folder from the 2nd disc there too (just like what you did).

Then here is an example of my winnt.sif

; Microsoft Windows XP Tablet Edition Setup Answer File
;

[UserData]
ProductKey="YOURM-EDIAC-ENTER-2005S-ERIAL"
ComputerName=MEDIACENTER2005

[Data]
MSDosInitiated=0
UnattendedInstall=Yes

[Unattended]
OemPreinstall=Yes
TargetPath=\WINDOWS
OemSkipEula=Yes

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

Everyting works fine for me.

I think the setup didn't detect the files inside the CMPNENTS folder that's why had that problem. Because I tried installing MCE2004 before without the CMPNENTS folder, and I got the same result like yours.