Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

CutePDF Unattended install?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

BazookaJoe

BazookaJoe
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 15-October 04
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone's successfully automated the installation of CutePDF and Ghostscript? This appears to be the best free PDF creator option out there (no spyware, popups, etc), but alternate suggestions are always welcome...

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jbjones

jbjones

• 28 posts
  • Joined 26-October 04
Well, according to the author, to do a unnatended install you have to purchase his "Custom Edition" for designing a branded distribution or some such craziness for like $300. (like that's going to happen for those of us who just like to play)

It would be nice however if anyone has figured out a repackaged version with both Ghost Script 8 and Cute PDF.

- Jeff

MCT

MCT

MSFN Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,291 posts
  • Joined 19-May 04
what about InstallRite ?
Posted Image Posted Image
Windows 7 32Bit 2GB Ram 120GB HDD (Laptop), Windows 8 4GB Ram 1TB HDD (Desktop) Windows XP SP3 VM with enhancements!

MushuWeb

MushuWeb
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 26-May 04
setup.exe /silent

krose

krose

Junior

• Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 05-September 05
I use this for the Ghostscript 8.54 msi installer from RunOnceEx:
REG ADD %KEY%\077 /VE /D "Ghostscript" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\077 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\pdfwriter\GPLGhostscript854.msi /quiet /norestart" /f

You can use the /verysilent switch for CutePDF but it wants to connect to the internet after install so I just made a simple cmd file to install it then kill iexplore.exe:
cwnd /hide @
@echo off
FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\win51ip.sp3 SET CDROM=%%i:
start /wait %CDROM%\install\pdfwriter\cutewriter.exe /verysilent
taskkill /f /im iexplore.exe
exit

Run the cmd from RunOnceEx:
REG ADD %KEY%\078 /VE /D "Cute PFD Writer" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\078 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\pdfwriter\cutewriter.cmd" /f

A bit tedious but it works.

Edited by krose, 27 June 2008 - 05:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users