Only one $OEM$ Directory for for some versions ?

mediapla

It is possible to have only one $OEM$ directory in the root ? I use a multiboot DVD with some XP versions, and every version has his own $OEM$. But if i wanna add new drivers,patches... i must do it with every version - a lot of work. Is there a way to point all to one .....it would save time and space... :w00t:

I have thought of a workaround so you must not maintain several $OEM$ folders and synchronize them everytime you make a change in one of them.

In the root of my CD i put the "$OEM$" folder with everything that belongs to it (Install, Drivers, etc.).

Then I put a file "cmdlines.cmd" in it with following code:

\$OEM$\cmdlines.cmd

@echo off
if exist \$OEM$\$1     xcopy \$OEM$\$1     "%systemdrive%"\     /e/h/r/y/z/c >nul
if exist \$OEM$\$$     xcopy \$OEM$\$$     "%systemroot%"\      /e/h/r/y/z/c >nul
if exist \$OEM$\$Docs  xcopy \$OEM$\$Docs  "%allusersprofile%"\ /e/h/r/y/z/c >nul
if exist \$OEM$\$Progs xcopy \$OEM$\$Progs "%programfiles%"\    /e/h/r/y/z/c >nul

[...your install code be here...]

Then in every windows version on my CD, I put an $OEM$ folder with only one file and only one command in it:

cmdlines.txt

[COMMANDS]
"\$OEM$\cmdlines.cmd"

Copy this to every windows version on your CD.

So when cmdlines.txt of the local $OEM$ is called, it will delegate it to the one root $OEM$ and copy everything just as a normal $OEM$ folder would do and after that you can put your normal installation code there as used.

I tested it. Works perfect.

p.s. What i'm not really sure of: how to put $Docs in the right folder ("C:\Documents and Settings\").

Currently i just copy it in %allusersprofile% so it will get copied to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users" :whistle:

I do not know all about the timeline of the XP Install...starts cmdline.txt befor the driver installation ? - Yes, i know it works, i also use cmdlines.txt befor driver install (HDA-devices) Thats a great idea - i try it ! Thanks a lot !!!

cmdline.txt is started after the driver installation

you dont need to use the $OEM$ in 1,after you modify it,you can copy it to others,then when you make your cd,you can also use cdimage with "-o" to make it store the same file only once

sorry,my english is so poor,hope u can understand what i said