AntiVir PE Verson 6.x silent install?

StormLogiX

Try this... Seemed to work well for me...

start /wait %systemdrive%\"path to AntiVir files"\setup /silent @NO_SCAN /f

I've seen and tried several other methods including the setup.inf method, but none of those seemed to work.

Cheers!

Ben

• 2 weeks later...
Try this... Seemed to work well for me...

start /wait %systemdrive%\"path to AntiVir files"\setup /silent @NO_SCAN /f

I've seen and tried several other methods including the setup.inf method, but none of those seemed to work.

Cheers!

Ben

working.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This works for me in 6.30.xxxxx:

ECHO.

ECHO Installing AntiVir 6.30

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\AntiVir\SETUP.exe /silent

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\AntiVir\pskill.exe avwin.exe

Ok. First you decompress the installer. Then there is a folder called disk_1, in which the setup.exe can be found. The switch for AntiVir is

...\SETUP.EXE /SILENT @NO_SCAN

But the important thing is this:

The switch won't work on a system that already has AV installed, so remove your AntiVir and try again. Because of this, AntiVir will install with that switch during unattended install.

The @NO_SCAN will cancel the Virus-Scan that AntiVir starts after setup. Then you only have to kill the upcoming window with CloseWindow, or an equivalent program. I use this cmd in my batch file:

start /wait CloseWindow.exe /AntiVir - Personal Edition

You first have to specify the path of CloseWindow.exe (for me its system32, so it can be called directly.) and then you have to give the name of the Window. For german installs it is "AntiVir - Personal Edition".

• 3 weeks later...
Ok. First you decompress the installer. Then there is a folder called disk_1, in which the setup.exe can be found. The switch for AntiVir is

...\SETUP.EXE /SILENT @NO_SCAN

But the important thing is this:

The switch won't work on a system that already has AV installed, so remove your AntiVir and try again. Because of this, AntiVir will install with that switch during unattended install.

The @NO_SCAN will cancel the Virus-Scan that AntiVir starts after setup. Then you only have to kill the upcoming window with CloseWindow, or an equivalent program. I use this cmd in my batch file:

start /wait CloseWindow.exe /AntiVir - Personal Edition

You first have to specify the path of CloseWindow.exe (for me its system32, so it can be called directly.) and then you have to give the name of the Window. For german installs it is "AntiVir - Personal Edition".

Hmm, you're right. I could swear they removed the switch as i tested a new version on a clean xp install, but now it works just as before. Thanks a lot!