[DEFINITIVE] Half-Life 2 Chat/Thread

Xero_Cool

i thought HL2 was very beautiful looking. it was too easy and too short. i beat the game in a week. CS:S is nice looking. although, CS:S either has too many cheaters already, or it is WAY too easy to headshot.

I think I'll stick to America's Army.

Overall, i was disappointed in this game.

ok erm i don't have the game yet but do u all ppl who have played hl2 and finished it so fast play it in easiest settings? try hard or something?

and its a shoot em up type of game so there is only 1 storyline and not so many alternatives to what can happen.. so its normal that it will be short. for me doom3 was so short but hl 1 was so loong...

:D I LOVED it Half-Life 2 was great and well worth the wait, and CS:S has made me play CS again... which after my experince on the old one I thought never would again but it has given it such a great "face lift" well worth the wait... Although It was long I want MORE.... PLEASE....

Great Game... Well worth the money... and looks nice even on my aging PC (AMD Athlon 2000, 1GB ram and GeForce FX 5600 128mb) ... I think I will build a new one after Christmas, just so i can play it again...

i'm playing it right now, i can't believe what you can do in that game: i've just move my 4x4 with a crane and my favorite... the gravity-gun, the best weapon on the HL world. until that i never thought on cut at half an alien body with a chainsaw disc :lol:. i highly recommend it. i'm sure there will be a before and an after HL2

i needed to post this... i was running and she was following me on one of the prison levels, then the loading screen appears... after a few seconds another girl just respawned in front of me and after the "f***!" shout i jumped about 1 meter from the chair!

i find λ² too buggy, the 0x******** error i got when exiting, the "ai disabled" and "rebuilding nodes" bugs, the "echo sound" when some1 is speaking while loading new textures... a high amount of things that need to be corrected: valve is in it and soon will be released a retail patch (i think it's available at the moment throught steam).

finally i haven't beat the game yet but at the moment i can give an overall of 10 over 10.

if you want to know more about the hl's storyline you can check this page (warning as it obviously contains spoilers!).

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

just 1 thing about the patch i metioned and XtremeMaC did, from official source:

Next week we will be releasing the Source SDK, along with a surprise for the community.
rumors said that is a "multiplayer surprise" ;)

[EDIT]really lol: patch just released

Valve has released the latest patch today that contains an official HL2 Deathmatch Mod and the Full Source SDK. Those of you who have been waiting for this moment will be pleased to know all you have to do is restart steam and start Modding!

Included in this update:

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

* New multiplayer game featuring physics simulation system

Half-Life 2/Source SDK

* Includes game code needed to create Half-Life 2/Source MODs

* Ability to edit Half-Life 2 maps

* Maya model exporter

* 3d Studio Max model exporter source code

* Sample MOD with vehicles

Source Updates

* HTTP and non-HTTP map auto downloading functionality

* Enhanced dedicated server logging capabilities

* Various tweaks and fixes

Also An Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Map Making Contest has been announced. The winning entry will receive a cash prize of $5,000. Two runner up entries will receive a cash prize of $3,000. Visit steampowered.com for more information.

It's Time to Restart Steam!

Happy Fragging!

http://www.planethalflife.com/ [/EDIT] Edited by SiMoNsAyS

maybe I'm one of the lucky few with not an all tricked out system....but I have yet to recieve any bugs or AI disabling. maybe because my system is a laptop which means all the hardware isn't top of the line...but then again, didnn't have an issue on my desktop either.