Automatically hide items from Windows Update
Posted 20 November 2004 - 11:51 AM
Is there any way of doing this automatically when installing Windows XP?
Posted 21 November 2004 - 12:48 PM
I mean, see what keys in the registry get modified when you do that hiding thing. Are you willing to play along?
If so, here's what you need to do:
1. Get the file attached to this post (Registry Snap-Shot maker).
2. Take a 1st shot just before you do the hiding thing.
3. Immediately after you've hidden those, run back and take a 2nd shot of registry.
4. Compare, so that you will know which regkeys have changed (therefore you know what to do to auto-hide them during install).
Hoping this helps.... If you have any more clarifications needed, just ask!
Number of downloads: 1169
Posted 21 November 2004 - 01:19 PM
Looks like I am wrong...the best option would probably be doing a regshot...but I will keep an eye open an see what I can found out at work.
Posted 28 November 2004 - 07:31 PM
Thanks for the replies, I'd have thought someone would have done this before or tried it - but maybe not?
It looks like I'll be trying the regshot on my next install, and will of course update this thread as to my findings.
Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:25 AM
You can also use the [Components] section of your unattend file, ie: WINNT.SIF, to specifically turn off Windows Media Player.
Hope this helps.
- ← Change Folder Permisions Unattendednly
- Unattended Windows 2000/XP/2003
- Ua Wpi Problem - Strange Errors →