Does everyone have audio sync issues with MCE200x?

Just curious. Last year I built a MCE 2004 system with an Hauppauge PVR250 but weak processor (PIII 800) and 512 PC133 SDRAM and GeForce4MX420 PCI and integrated audio. I knew it was underpowered, but I just wanted to test out the capability. TV always had audio sync issues. Live TV was always off by about .5 second and recorded TV was actually not very sync'd. I just attributed that to weak hardware.

Well, I just helped a sales associate in my company set up his MCE 2005 system. He got it through an OEM System Builder event sponsored by MS and Hauppauge. His system has a PVR150MCE, AMD64 FX-5?, 512 PC3200 and GeForce 5700LE and Creative Audigy 2 NX. I would expect this system to just sing with MCE 2005. But same thing happens with TV. The audio is always off and it makes watching/recording TV pointless.

Is this just normal? Or should I expect that the audio would work? Has anybody else had the same experience with MCE TV audio?

I had a machine that was an 800 mhz and it totally sucked for MCE2004. Audio was off, picture skipped and froze, all kindz of issues...

Upgraded to an athlon64 with 512megs ddr400 and a 200gig sata drive and all is well. I would look at the setup on the new machine and update all the drivers.