Unattended Website Additions

The current set of regtweaks that is up at the guide, is now insufficient. Just a few commonly asked tweaks could be added to the existing set.

repeated requests for registry tweaks:

1. Advanced Search, search-dog related tweaks

2. folder options

<--- will add to this list later>

Originally, I was planning on a database, that users would have to register for (unless I figure out and work with xper to use the forum member base) to allow for input. The only catch would have been that I'd also have a MOD group that would have to just go through and see that what people entered aren't duplicates or are actually switches and whatnot. And then once "approved" it would be accessible to everyone.

Now implementing.... ::shivers::

That's pretty much what I've been talking about for a while... It's actually rather simple, and not that hard to implement either (it's just a few simple data tables). If the site was hosted on iis/mssql (using asp pages, stored procedures and everything) I could take care of it, but since it's apache/mysql/php, then someone else will have to get their hands dirty :}

Anyways, personally, I could see people posting (contributing) anonymously, as long as someone has to review (accept) it before it's activated (displayed). "Tapping" into IPB's users for authenticating mod's can't be that hard either, or you could just keep a separate table for that too as you may want to giev that responsibility to different people than the already busy forum mods anyways.

I honestly have no idea what the server supports. I'd have to ask xper. If it is iss/mssql (asp) compatible, I'll give ya a call, and credit ya.....otherwise, time for Alanoll to do some reading.

As for tapping into the IPB's user base, I just thought it'd be simpler and easier for users rather then having to create another user. I'd have to have some sort of login page anyways just for authenticating (validating that it's a tweak or something).

The current set of regtweaks that is up at the guide, is now insufficient. Just a few commonly asked tweaks could be added to the existing set.

repeated requests for registry tweaks:

1.  Advanced Search, search-dog related tweaks

2.  folder options

<--- will add to this list later>

They all in that large REG file in the Regtweak thread?

I honestly have no idea what the server supports. I'd have to ask xper. If it is iss/mssql (asp) compatible, I'll give ya a call, and credit ya.....otherwise, time for Alanoll to do some reading.

It's *nix hosting:

Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.9 FrontPage/5.0.2.2634a mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

Hence Apache instead of IIS and so forth... (much cheaper to host too)

As for reg tweaks, I'm sure we could add thousands more tweaks (especially as a collective effort). I think it would be helpful to split some of them versus have it all in one big file. How exactly to split it? Perhaps by set categories (networking, GUI appearance, networking, ...) Also, it's only going to become harder to maintain as we add more stuff

What I would really like to see done to it

In the Bookmarks please remove the "MSFN's Unattended XP CD"

I'm glad ya'll made this and everyone knows where it came from, could you just shorten that up. Have to have that Bookmarks halfway across before you can see what it's pointing at. Hard to navigate it.

Introduction

Step 1 - Getting Started

What I would really like to see done to it

In the Bookmarks please remove the "MSFN's Unattended XP CD"

I'm glad ya'll made this and everyone knows where it came from, could you just shorten that up. Have to have that Bookmarks halfway across before you can see what it's pointing at. Hard to navigate it.

Introduction

Step 1 - Getting Started

screenshot maybe?

I'm just not seeing what you're talkin about...sorry :/

I personally think (This may be something new)

You should get more deep with batch files. You can do soooo much. For instance, I am installing Unreal Tournament 2004 Automatically by telling the user to press any key after removing the unattended DVD and putting in the Unreal Tournament 2004 dvd. However, I have no Idea what to do if I were to say hit a key too early? Colors are also cool, a way to play music would be GREAT too. Of all the ways to install applications silently, the batch file is by FAR the most you can do with any of them.

Yeah, I had my head in a whirl before I finally understood cmdlines.txt!

More additions related to that:

its run at T-12

It will run even if you have set OEMpreinstall=no.

When it runs, it keeps the current directory as your $OEM$ folder.

You can't carry out too complicated things - just ask cmdlines to start another batch-file to do your complex command-line operations for you.

.....so on and so forth.