WinPE VS BartPE

SKiTLz

I have a copy of WinPE but also know about PEBuilder. Just wondering if theres any advantage to either?

So far Im finding WinPE's customization a little tedious. HIVE files are converted to a binary so I have to re-build everytime I want to make a change. Things like that.

So is there any real advantage to either or just personal preference? WinPE have anything built in that PEBuilder doesn't?

Cheers

-WinPE is supported by MS. That's a plus in my book...

-WinPE has native support for 64 bit architectures (amd64, ia64) -- one build process for all.

-WinPE gets fixes from service packs/hotfixes. Bart gets busted. :)

• 1 month later...

while the time Bart gets busted :D PEBuilder will surely have 10,000 times more working plugin than windows PE and as for support and hotfixes Bart alone is lot faster to fix his things than M$ (while i never found a bug in PEbuilder except the ones that i have created on my own) it's really a question of personnal choice i prefer PEBuilder because it's available to everyone when i browse WinPE forums all i see is "cannot do this, cannot do that, how can i fix this and that" when i browse PEBuilder i find "Try this new plugin, heres a new Mass storage pack, look what we can run in Bart's PE" :thumbup and the gang at the 911cd.net forum worth 100 time the M$ support you'll get on Microsoft Windows PE i'm in the business since the beguinning of computer industry and i deal with microsoft on day to day basis and their supports does simply not worth the price they ask for....

while the time Bart gets busted  :D  PEBuilder will surely have 10,000 times more working plugin than windows PE and as for support and hotfixes Bart alone is lot faster to fix his things than M$ (while i never found a bug in PEbuilder except the ones that i have created on my own) it's really a question of personnal choice i prefer PEBuilder because it's available to everyone when i browse WinPE forums all i see is "cannot do this, cannot do that, how can i fix this and that" when i browse PEBuilder i find "Try this new plugin, heres a new Mass storage pack, look what we can run in Bart's PE" :thumbup and the gang at the 911cd.net forum worth 100 time the M$ support you'll get on Microsoft Windows PE i'm in the business since the beguinning of computer industry and i deal with microsoft on day to day basis and their supports does simply not worth the price they ask for....

It comes down to a couple of things:

1) Do you want support from MS?

2) How much do you want to develope on your own?

3) What are you using it for?

Large Corporate users tend to lean to MS OPK PE.

Adding Hotfixes to PE is easy. It's a file replacement and a re-compile.

Chris

while the time Bart gets busted  :D  PEBuilder will surely have 10,000 times more working plugin than windows PE...

By the time Bart gets busted? MS could bust Bart any time they wanted to... you forget they can bend or make law. Maybe MS is using Bart's efforts. Just a thought.