Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

The Best Company?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: What is the best company in the world? (56 member(s) have cast votes)

What is the best company in the world?

1. Voted Microsoft (21 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Sony (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Intel (3 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

4. Panasonic (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

5. Apple (5 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

6. HP (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

7. Other (17 votes [30.36%])

Percentage of vote: 30.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

sonu27

sonu27

Panjabi By Nature

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
Microsoft!

Im sorry that I closed this topic.

Could a mod re-open this topic?

Thanks!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Dude111

Dude111

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
I voted OTHER

Mcdonalds/Burger King for the win :D (Hey they are a company right??)

lawrencep93

lawrencep93

• 17 posts
Sony is the best for hardware and Microsoft is the best for software.
Who ever voted Apple you fail at life :P . Nah jokes.

Idontwantspam

Idontwantspam

Nerd-in-Chief

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
Best company at all or best tech company?

Best company ever? I don't know. Probably someone who makes food. Maybe Ghiradelli Chocolate.

Best tech company? Gotta love Intel for the hardware side of things, and VALVe wins for software. The FSF isn't really a company, but they're pretty cool. MS as a company is actually kind of mean - anti competitive practices and all that. Apple just sucks. So there you have it. :)
-Idontwantspam

What's your home network like?
Windows 7: It does fancy!

lawrencep93

lawrencep93

• 17 posts
Yes I love intel too but IMO i think they should be making faster processors as they have the technology to do so.

The put 2 billion USD into research and development each year.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,706 posts

Donator

I voted Intel. I used to work for Sony so I kinda like them but only half of their products are good to me.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Redhatcc

Redhatcc

Advanced Member

• 366 posts
intel ;D

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,250 posts
I voted Microsoft. And companies aren't "mean", but they can be ruthless. In capitalism, this is considered a "good" thing until you become too big, and then it's "not good". You can't put morality on a company when the name of the game for ALL involved is to make money, as much as possible, for as long as possible. It changes behavior.
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

Nerwin

Nerwin

Photographer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
I Voted for Microsoft, but they really all are great companies.

Desktop: Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8ghz || G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 2133 || ASUS P8Z77-V LK || 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD || 640gb WD SATA HDD || Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Corsair TX650M || ASUS 24X SATA DVD Burner || Fractal Designs Arc Midi || Windows 7 64-bit 

ripken204

ripken204

The Hardware Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts

i voted the same as you :)

Desktop: || lappped Q6700 w/ lapped TRUE || ASUS P5Q Deluxe|| Sapphire 4870 1GB || Mushkin Ascent XP2-8500 (2x2GB) || 2 x WD6400AAKS || Corsair HX620W || Lian-Li PC-60FB || 2 x BenQ G2400WD || Vista Ultimate 64bit || Samsung SH-S223Q || Logitech MX518 || Logitech Ultra-X || SteelSeries SX || Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 || ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe ||
Server: || E5200 w/ XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 || ASUS P5Q-EM || EVGA 8800GTS G92 w/ Accelero S1 R2 || G.SKILL 6400 2x2GB || 1 x WD6400AAKS || 4 x 1TB Samsung F1 || SeaSonic M12II SS-500GM || Antec Three Hundred || Samsung SH-203BL || Ubuntu 8.10 ||

Nerwin

Nerwin

Photographer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

i voted the same as you :)

Hehe :) Well its true! :P

Desktop: Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8ghz || G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 2133 || ASUS P8Z77-V LK || 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD || 640gb WD SATA HDD || Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Corsair TX650M || ASUS 24X SATA DVD Burner || Fractal Designs Arc Midi || Windows 7 64-bit 

MillenX

MillenX

• PipPip
  • 178 posts
i'm not sure as every of them does and did great things... but i chose HP coz i like it's printer... i got two hp 3in1 and a deskjet...

DigeratiPrime

DigeratiPrime

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,550 posts
I voted Microsoft, but was strongly considering Intel. I gave the nod to Microsoft mostly due to their great website, Redmond is also a nice campus. I think Intel is the epitome of quality and cutting edge; their support is very good, I've gotten responses directly from engineers and not generic useless tips that I already had mentioned in my ticket. BTW Apple to Microsoft is sorta like AMD to Intel :)
Recommended Software: KeePass | Microsoft ICE | VisualWget | Vitamin D Video |

woody.cool

woody.cool

• 38 posts
I've voted Panasonic.
When it comes to A/V hardware (non-computer based stuff), Panasonic make items than are a great balance between excellent quality and superb reliability. That's more than can be said for Sony .......

Every device I've ever had (except my current Sony MP3 player) that has been made by Sony has died either during, or just after, the warrenty has run out :angry:

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,706 posts

Donator

Yeah but it works both ways. Let's take my PS2 for example, which is in the first-gen (the big one) in a model that was known for dying. I bought it in 2001 and its still working. So sometimes you just luck out. I also used to have a Sony Sports walkman that lasted for over 10 years as well. It actually died because it got underwater, so that's my fault. :ph34r:
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

JustShootIt

JustShootIt

• 27 posts
I would say Toshiba, but then I think of all the cheap Panasonic equipment I had forever without kicking the bucket...microwaves, TVs, you name it.

But that's irrelevant now -- Panasonic and Toshiba have merged! Fantasyland! Perhaps now Toshiba will become more consistent with their laptops (I've got one of the "great models").

"If something looks too good to be true, it's best to shoot it, just in case." -- Fiona Glenanne [Burn Notice, USA]

• Windows XP Pro SP2 (Also have legacy Windows, not installed, except I lost my ME disk. Can install a legacy version in extra space if needed to help troubleshoot.)
  • Linux (Slackware 13), KDE 4 (but will go back to 3, 4 imitates Vista too much), wireless automatic, no need for monitor drivers
  • Linux (Absolute Linux), GNOME, comes with CUPS already configured/running, hundreds of printer-drivers built-in, no need for monitor drivers

Blekthor

Blekthor

• 31 posts
I like to keep my own company. LOL

Andromeda43

Andromeda43

Retired PC Tech.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
There are several very good companies that have added MUCH to the world of computers and printers, which do not show up on the poll.

But, out of the ones that did make it......I chose Panasonic.
I'm a factory trained Panasonic printer tech and I know and love those printers. They also make the only Bullet Proof laptop. (well, almost bullet proof.)

If Epson were on the poll, I would have given it at least a 50% vote. Their hardware (Printers) are as good as any other but their Software is far superior to, say HP (which puts out some horrible software/drivers)
Oh, and I'm also a factory trained Epson tech. :angel

I have five printers in my house and they are all Epson, three with scanners and two without. :thumbup

Cheers Mates!

B)
A person with experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN