Slipstream SP1 into Office 2003 Proofing Tools?

I followed the same steps for slipstreaming Office 2003 and end up with a 1.2 GB directory! It looks like the hidden CAB files on the original disc are decompressed. I could remake the CAB files manually after slipstreaming, but is there a better way?

:hello:

You followed the same steps as what else?

And proofing tools needn't be separately slip-streamed.

What are you asking? :}

The hidden CAB files do get de-compressed when you make an admin-install point.The resulting folder is about 600-odd MB and doesn't change by much after merging SP1 into it - how did yours swell to double the size! :wacko:

And note:

You cannot run Setup.exe in administrative mode ( /a ) with an Office 2003 retail edition.
And if you need the final size to be smaller, just ZIP or RAR the entire directory.

If you need a detailed step-by-step guide of how to do what you're trying, please check out this page - click here.

Sorry for the vagueness, let me clarify...

I'm trying to slipstream SP1 into the Office 2003 Proofing Tools. The product is not only different from the Office 2003 CD, but it also has it's own separate service pack.

So, I downloaded the Office 2003 Service Pack 1 for Proofing Tools, not to be confused with the Office 2003 Service Pack 1.

I then did an administrative install, PTKSETUP.exe /a. This decompressed the CAB files and I end up with a massive 1.2 GB directory vs original 700 MB. Now, I can slipstream the SP1 with the msiexec command.

My question is, how do I put everything back into the CAB files? A tedious solution would be to list the files in the original CAB files, and then manually makecab.exe. Oh, and what do you mean And proofing tools needn't be separately slip-streamed.?

Thank you for the fast reply! If I can't figure out a solution, I probably will just zip up the directory.

I don't know it either. I'm just adding all those files (except installer) into one big 7-zip package which I extract during unattended installation into temporal folder from where I launch the installer . It works perfect with Office 2003 ( Word, Excel and PowerPoint in 55 MB using Office Shrinker and 7-zip) and Autocad 2005 :)

Here's my Office2003 code snippet:

cmdow @ /HID
7za x -y -o%temp% %cdrom%install\office2003\office2003.7z
%temp%\setup.exe /qb TRANSFORMS=%temp%\unattended.mst
RD /S /Q %temp%
exit

and my Autocad 2005 code:

cmdow @ /HID
7za x -y -o%temp% %cdrom%install\autocad\ArchitecturalDesktop2005.7z
%temp%\deploy.exe "Architectural Desktop 2005"
xcopy /s /y %cdrom%install\autocad\b2427000.dat "%allusersprofile%\Application Data\Autodesk\Software Licenses\"
RD /S /Q %temp%
del /f /q "%allusersprofile%\Menu Start\Programma's\Opstarten\AutoCAD Startup Accelerator.lnk"
exit

You still misunderstand him. The Office 2003 Proofing Tools are a SEPARATE product from Office 2003. They have to be purchased separately and they come on their own cd. it is NOT part of the normal office installation.

http://www.microsoft.com/PRODUCTS/info/pro...dec9b7&type=ovr

http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/p...ofingtools.mspx

Proofing tools for Office 2003 Editions are a collection of editing technologies that enable users to proof Office 2003 Editions files in more than 50 different languages. The tools include spelling and grammar checkers, AutoCorrect lists, AutoSummarize capabilities for Microsoft Word, Input Method Editors (IMEs) for East Asian languages, and other tools. Proofing tools for Office 2003 Editions are contained on a single CD, and you can add them to any Office 2003 Edition or Microsoft Office program.

I gave some examples how you can install unattended from one big 7-zip file. The TS just needs to compress all those files from the Administrative Install Point of the Office Proofing Tools into a RAR or 7zip file.

After applying the service pack, I copied the setup files (in the root directory) and the \files\setup directory to new directory, and then ran ptksetup.exe with the transform file from there. Then, setup says which files it needs. Just copy all the files and directories setup asks for, and it you have your self a nice little directory containing only the files you need.

• 9 months later...

i did the following dos command ... like fubarkid the total size is around 1.2gig

1. create an Administrative Installation Point to c:\OPT

x is the cd drive

x:\PTKSETUP.exe /a

2. extract Office Proofing Tools 2003 SP1 files to C:\SP1\

PTK2003SP1-kb843188-fullfile-enu.exe /Q /C /T:C:\SP1

3. slipstreaming

msiexec /p c:\SP1\2003PTKSP1ff.msp /a C:\OPT\PTK.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

I have read this thread many times and still confused :wacko:

Please advice, how to compress the files, thanks

Edited by illusions

• 10 months later...