army20

Do you smoke  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes but planing to quit
    • No and I hate smokers

I hate smoking. I tried once when I was 14 and it lasted for a few days but I stopped before things got worse for me. That was 6 years ago. I'm glad both my girlfriend and I don't smoke. We can't stand when people smoke and hate that they smoke. It destroys your life. It takes away your money and your health. All those harmful substances going into your body,  :puke:  :angry:

It's worse for people around the smoker than the smoker themself too.

[rant]

I do not smoke. I do not like smoke around me. You smokers don't realize that smoking kills your senses. That's why you all use salt. That's why you can never smell the smoke on you. I had to put out a cigarette the other day at the office because someone else forgot to and my hand smelled like it for hours, even after washing it 5 times! The smell of smoke makes me sick (literally!) Now, if you smokers wish to smoke then that's your own perogative. I can even deal with it around myself when I am at a club or something... but tell me why, since none of you smokers have the respect not to smoke around kids, I should have to subject my kids to that? You think my 2 1/2 year old, who had to say "goodbye" to her kitty because she had an ashma attack that put her in the hospital because of the cat, wants to be around that? Do you think smoke is good for my 7 month old daughter with her still developing lungs? Do you all realize your walls are yellow from smoking? Or the inside of your car? Do you realize that smokers are the greatest litterers? Every time I see one of you a******s throw a "butt" out of your car window it makes me want to drive around picking up every butt I can find and fill the back of my truck... follow you home and dump it on your yard! If you want to smoke then fine... just don't be so thoughtless. Also, why is it every smoker in the world believes that because they smoke they are entitled to stand outside for 10 minutes out of every hour smoking while their non-smoker co-workers are still working?

[/rant]

Wow! I can't believe how many other people here hate smokers like I do. Which is kind of weird since I’m a POTHEAD! But I can not stand cig smoke; it makes me sick by giving me a headache. I hate watching parents smoke around their kids to it makes me so angry knowing that the kids are dealing with the 2nd hand smoke and have a much higher change of smoking when they grow up. The only reason that smoking cigs is legal in the USA is because of the money that it brings in via taxes. For that same reason they should legalize marijuana and tax it the same way. I think that’s better then cigs anyway less addicting. www.thetruth.com is a GREAT website also and I love their commercials.

I think that’s better then cigs anyway less addicting.

yeah... you OBVIOUSLY are a pothead, as you stated earlier. That stuff will make you stupid... that statement only proves that.

Anyways, don't want to turn this into a drug battle... SilverHaze420, you should be ashamed that you would make such a statement when there are so many underage kids who frequent this site. Don't be stupid.

Voted No and I hate smokers

So it is starting to get in the 80's here in Arizona but the air is still cool. Perfect weather to drive with the windows down and enjoy the cool breeze and smell of the desert... *COUGH* *COUGH* :puke: **COUGH** COUGH**

Oh wait.. some f***ing smoker in front of me 4 cars is smoking! Well time to roll up the windows and turn on the AC... *COUGH* *COUGH* :puke: **COUGH** COUGH** s*** it is still getting in car... ok have to make the AC recirculate. :realmad:

What is p***es me off more.. they hang that s*** out the window because THEY CAN'T STAND TO HAVE THE SMOKE ALL UP IN THEIR FACE EITHER!

and..... STOP Smoking with your children in the car! Pollute your body but don't force your kids to suffer because you are a feeble minded junky!

Get cancer and die :realmad:

I am a smoker. I have been for about 2 years now, and I hate it. But it's an endless cycle...every time I try to quit, someone gets on my a** about how "stupid I was to ever start" or about what it can do to you, or how second hand smoke could kill them...well, for god's sake, I'm not a dumbass, I know this. Walking by me smoking a cigarette is not going to kill you, if you don't like it, hold you breath for a second or two, but say enough of this crap to me, you just might wish it had. I am SO sick and tired of every non-smoker deciding to make it their personal vendetta to inform me of the dangers of smoking. I KNOW THESE THINGS!!!! For god's sake, even my pack of cigarettes today included a stop smoking pamphlet!!! If you want me to quit, shut the f*** up already, and keep your comments to yourself, you can't say a **** thing I don't already know. I smoke to escape from the stress of everyday life...you aren't helping.

Furthermore, for that arrogant prick who stated that the guy smoking 4 cars up was bugging him, you have obviously never driven a car before in your life. The smoke from a cigarette does not come out the window and just stay there, the motion of the air around the car dissipates it, the person in the car behind the smoker might get the slightest whif of it (assuming absolutely no wind whatsoever), but certainly not someone 4 cars back.

Also, about the litter. I cannot count the number of times I have seen someone chuck a drink cup or fast food bag out the window, or how often I've seen the remains of a blown truck tire scattered all over the road. And you might argue that there are 50 times more cigarrette butts out there than all of these combined...but where are they?? I see ugly mangled black rubber, I see four year old soda cans, and brown paper bags so moulded into the road that only the rain will eventually get rid of them...but I have never EVER noticed a single cigarrette butt on the highway.

As for the whole 20-feet from buildings thing, I feel your pain, that's the rule at my college. It drives me nuts, because people will come out if you're only standing 10 feet from the entrance and tell you so. I mean, this is ridiculous, most of the time it's about 10 degrees, and the side of the building only stretches for around 10 feet, so you freeze your a** off. Not to mention that on a few of the buildings, 20 feet would put you dad-smack in the middle of either the sidewalk or the road, I would think being a little closer to the building would be preferred. And come on, how little of that smoke is actually going to make it into the building from 10 feet away? I'll bet more comes in on my clothing then would from my cigarette.

And the health risk. There's a health risk every time you walk out the door. Hell, I've known just as many people who've died in car crashes as who've died from lung cancer...but the ones who died in accidents were a heck of a lot younger, and much more dearly missed, because noone ever would have suspected it was coming. Unless you live in a hut with no contact with the outside world, you know there's a danger to smoking. If you choose to accept that danger, then so be it. But for god's sake, please shut up about it, I long for a day when I don't hear about it at least twice.

And just to clarify, I'm not trying to defend smoking itself, I'm defending my right to smoke. I have made my decision that smoking is not something I wish to do for the rest of my life (and my girlfriend really doesn't care for it either), but if I did, I believe that I should have the right to do so peacefully, without every prick on the **** planet nitpicking because his coat now stinks from walking by five feet from me. YOU PEOPLE PlSS ME OFF!!! (in case you hadn't figured that out by now)

@Drakhan: as others have said, don't be a dumbass...not starting is the easiest way to quit. Why do you want to, you have friends that do it? Trust me, when they're all bitching about how hard it is to quit (and they will be, something tells me you're underage and that's why you're not doing it yet) you'll be able to laugh in their faces. And besides, do you really want to listen to every arrogant as***** tell you the same dozen reasons why you should quit? Believe me, it's enough to drive you crazy

As for dope...the name says it all. I've tried it twice, and I don't see the point. It was almost definately THE SINGLE worst thing I've ever tasted, and even worse, it doesn't just go away, not in a day, not even a week. For about 2 weeks after you toke up, you have that horrible taste, which I can only describe as what you might imagine eating burned citrus fruit like, every time you take a drink, or worse, smoke. Being a pothead is nothing to be proud of...I don't know about where you live, but here, potheads usually can't get a decent job (especially if it's obvious) and wind up living off their parents/their girl's parents/etc, etc. Is throwing your life away really worth short high sensation?

I am a smoker. I have been for about 2 years now, and I hate it. But it's an endless cycle...every time I try to quit, someone gets on my a** about how "stupid I was to ever start" or about what it can do to you, or how second hand smoke could kill them...well, for god's sake, I'm not a dumbass, I know this.

Apparently not...

Walking by me smoking a cigarette is not going to kill you, if you don't like it, hold you breath for a second or two, but say enough of this crap to me, you just might wish it had. I am SO sick and tired of every non-smoker deciding to make it their personal vendetta to inform me of the dangers of smoking. I KNOW THESE THINGS!!!! For god's sake, even my pack of cigarettes today included a stop smoking pamphlet!!!
ANd yet you still smoke... all these signs telling you to stop and even an informative pamphlet but you can't make one decision for yourself?
If you want me to quit, shut the f*** up already, and keep your comments to yourself, you can't say a **** thing I don't already know. I smoke to escape from the stress of everyday life...you aren't helping.

Hey I will stfu and keep my comments to myself when you keep your second hand smoke to yourself... deal? :hello:

Furthermore, for that arrogant prick who stated that the guy smoking 4 cars up was bugging him, you have obviously never driven a car before in your life. The smoke from a cigarette does not come out the window and just stay there, the motion of the air around the car dissipates it, the person in the car behind the smoker might get the slightest whif of it (assuming absolutely no wind whatsoever), but certainly not someone 4 cars back.

Ok so everyday when I drive home I do not actually smell smoke I am imagining it because you obviously have a theory how smoke "doesn't come out a window and stay there"... Slighest whiff? Hey f***nut your senses are dulled by your addiction. WE CAN SMELL YOU! Just because your damaged senses can't smell something doesnt mean it isnt there.

Also, about the litter. I cannot count the number of times I have seen someone chuck a drink cup or fast food bag out the window, or how often I've seen the remains of a blown truck tire scattered all over the road. And you might argue that there are 50 times more cigarrette butts out there than all of these combined...but where are they?? I see ugly mangled black rubber, I see four year old soda cans, and brown paper bags so moulded into the road that only the rain will eventually get rid of them...but I have never EVER noticed a single cigarrette butt on the highway.
And two wrongs make a right? So because other litter exists throwing a butt out the window is ok? How many forest fires have been started by an old soda can or fast food bag? Get a clue.
As for the whole 20-feet from buildings thing, I feel your pain, that's the rule at my college. It drives me nuts, because people will come out if you're only standing 10 feet from the entrance and tell you so. I mean, this is ridiculous, most of the time it's about 10 degrees, and the side of the building only stretches for around 10 feet, so you freeze your a** off. Not to mention that on a few of the buildings, 20 feet would put you dad-smack in the middle of either the sidewalk or the road, I would think being a little closer to the building would be preferred. And come on, how little of that smoke is actually going to make it into the building from 10 feet away? I'll bet more comes in on my clothing then would from my cigarette.
Again with the magical non traveling smoke that noone can smell...
And the health risk. There's a health risk every time you walk out the door. Hell, I've known just as many people who've died in car crashes as who've died from lung cancer...but the ones who died in accidents were a heck of a lot younger, and much more dearly missed, because noone ever would have suspected it was coming. Unless you live in a hut with no contact with the outside world, you know there's a danger to smoking. If you choose to accept that danger, then so be it. But for god's sake, please shut up about it, I long for a day when I don't hear about it at least twice.
There is a health risk everytime I walk out the door... very true. BUT it is my choice to take these risks. I didn't choose to be harmed by your second hand smoke because you are a junky and half the population is as well.
And just to clarify, I'm not trying to defend smoking itself, I'm defending my right to smoke. I have made my decision that smoking is not something I wish to do for the rest of my life (and my girlfriend really doesn't care for it either), but if I did, I believe that I should have the right to do so peacefully, without every prick on the **** planet nitpicking because his coat now stinks from walking by five feet from me. YOU PEOPLE PlSS ME OFF!!! (in case you hadn't figured that out by now)
How about our right to stand outside and breath fresh air.... I can be at the park with my kid and someone will be smoking.. not only around their kids but around other peoples kid too.. What other weak mind id*** is that inconsiderate? Smokers take the cake. Selfish and self centered.

Your post is riddled with excuses. Preach to me when you are able to control your addiction and stop. You claim you try but everyone who cares about you expresses concern bothers you and makes you start smoking again? Wha :no: So now it is your loved ones fault you are a junky?

You are still a young kid in college. Wait until you grow up and live life a bit. I promise your views will change severly.

Recognizing you have a problem is the first step. Stop blaming others. There is no way to justify your inconsiderate habit which harms others around. Just quit. You know the risks.. you know the facts,, you know the outcome. Just do it. Once you get your senses back after a year or two of no smoking you will be amazed at how much the stench is around you and you will think back to this post. :whistle:

Now to rant about the companies that sell these things. How come we can send a man to the moon, create bullet proof glass, cheese in a can, and edible panties but we can't make a smokeless/oderless cigarette?