army20

Do you smoke  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes but planing to quit
    • No and I hate smokers

I'm not against smokers or anything else people do as long as its not illegal.

But it bothers when people say its gonna kill you keep in mind

that

Cars,Guns,Drugs,Food and anything else can kill you too.

So don't Black Ball smokers or whatever someone else do

nobody's perfect.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

non smoker, and i don't ever plan to be one...Ms. Connolly, my grade 6 health teacher would hunt me down if she ever heard i started that...and all that i joke about her being crazy about that and all...i'd like to thank her :)

both my parents and my grandmother on my moms side smoke. i dont hate them for it, its theyre choice, but i have been around cigarette smoke all my life (all 16 years of it) and it hasnt bugged me at all, i breathe fine, i dont smell (at least i hope i dont :unsure: lol) my parents have been smoking for over 25 years and nothing has happened to them, they dont have funny looking teeth and they dont smell. mind you they dont smoke like 5 packs a day, they probably smoke 4 cigarettes a day at most.

so i just beleive is really your own opinion if you smoke or not, dont try to make people feel bad for doing it, its their choice. they dont try to make you stay away from the computer do they?

(i wont smoke though, not my thing)

Edited by Cygnus

I don't smoke at all and have lost a family member to emphesyma. Also don't like being around smokers as cigarette smoke gets my asthma going. Before my mother had passed on - her favorite place to sit and smoke was right under the A\C intake vent. Which of course caused my room to end up half-full with a thick cloud of cigarette smoke billowing in through the vent.

However - if I have to be around smokers I just deal with it. It's their choice and nothing I can do against it but duck my head under the smoke.

• 2 weeks later...

What is worst, standing in a 4 story MOP tower (Marine Observation Post) with 40,000 Cubans trained to kill me, what is worst is Tower 18 is only 200 metes away from one of theirs, we are required to wear full body armor on that one.

or

Smoking.

Hell, i did both, now trying to quit smoking

I found this poll and followed it. OK here's my take if anyone is interested.

While smoking is bad for you, so is breathing exhaust fumes from ALL vehicles. I smoke have been for many years and still keep up with my 8 yr. old. It's PEOPLES choice period. And by the way if we had a two car garage partitioned down the center, none smokers on one side with their cars and smokers on the other. Now mind you both partitions are totally sealed from one another and from the outside. Who's going to be walking out the garage?? And while in the Army (1973-1983) I had to run 2 miles non-stop in MOP4 protective suits to be qualified for ERD (Emergency Rapid Deployment) 101 & 82 Airborne. Was that FUN!! NOT.

Here's a few links that even suggest carpet as a contributor of asthma. So if anyone has carpeting you might want to reconsider wood floors. Also aspirin has been recognized as a cause for asthma. OK, we'll stop there.

Scroll until you see. Avoiding Common Causes of Asthma Attacks

http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec04/ch044/ch044a.html

http://lungdiseases.about.com/od/asthma/a/asthma_causes.htm

This even says "COLD AIR"

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~aair/asthma_causes.htm

Maybe we should all just give it up. :D

jd

lol, sounds like a winner, what does the MOP4 equipment consist of. In the USMC, we had two recon marines who had us dug own graves as we did exercises (pull-ups, push-ups, mountian climbers, lundges, pull-ups) in 90 LBs gear, and 5-20 mile runs/hikes, in cuba we had one Recon Marine have us do a 5 mile run with the 90 lbs gear and our gas mask on.

Edited by Shindo_Hikaru

lol, sounds like a winner, what does the MOP4 equipment consist of. In the USMC, we had two recon marines who had us dug own graves as we did exercises (pull-ups, push-ups, mountian climbers, lundges, pull-ups) in 90 LBs gear, and 5-20 mile runs/hikes, in cuba we had one Recon Marine have us do a 5 mile run with the 90 lbs gear and our gas mask on.

It consisted of the standard Mil issue ruck sack, M17 Mask (On your FACE), M203, M1911A1. Running in sand dunes at the beach. The MOP4 Chem suit consisted of a one piece coverall type garment with foot gear covers. Take a 150lb man and turn him into a 300lb man REAL quick.

P.S. I was in vehicle support. 63 Hotel Wheel and track (M151-M60A2, M1) division and depot support (NOT MOTOR POOL).

jd

Sounds like fun. Seams like standard equipment in the USMC. Only differnce is the more equipment you carry depending on your MOS. I was in comm, Field Radio and Wireman. Usually add another 100 lbs to standard gear.

The sands terrian in GITMO, Cuba is pretty bad, mountians, hills, beaches, and plenty of little critters called crabs. Hurts like hell when they pinch your legs. Did i mentions snakes as well.

EDIT - Getting off topic, Better stop while ahead.

Edited by Shindo_Hikaru