Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Do you smoke

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you smoke (289 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you smoke

1. Yes (57 votes [20.96%])

Percentage of vote: 20.96%

2. No (101 votes [37.13%])

Percentage of vote: 37.13%

3. Yes but planing to quit (24 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

4. No and I hate smokers (90 votes [33.09%])

Percentage of vote: 33.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Shindo_Hikaru

Shindo_Hikaru

Honor, Courage, Commitment

• PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Joined 14-June 06
lol, sounds like a winner, what does the MOP4 equipment consist of. In the USMC, we had two recon marines who had us dug own graves as we did exercises (pull-ups, push-ups, mountian climbers, lundges, pull-ups) in 90 LBs gear, and 5-20 mile runs/hikes, in cuba we had one Recon Marine have us do a 5 mile run with the 90 lbs gear and our gas mask on.

Edited by Shindo_Hikaru, 04 August 2006 - 11:23 PM.

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable." - Christopher Reeve

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

03GrandAmGT

03GrandAmGT

Forging Onwards

• PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Joined 13-February 05

lol, sounds like a winner, what does the MOP4 equipment consist of. In the USMC, we had two recon marines who had us dug own graves as we did exercises (pull-ups, push-ups, mountian climbers, lundges, pull-ups) in 90 LBs gear, and 5-20 mile runs/hikes, in cuba we had one Recon Marine have us do a 5 mile run with the 90 lbs gear and our gas mask on.

It consisted of the standard Mil issue ruck sack, M17 Mask (On your FACE), M203, M1911A1. Running in sand dunes at the beach. The MOP4 Chem suit consisted of a one piece coverall type garment with foot gear covers. Take a 150lb man and turn him into a 300lb man REAL quick.

P.S. I was in vehicle support. 63 Hotel Wheel and track (M151-M60A2, M1) division and depot support (NOT MOTOR POOL).

jd

Shindo_Hikaru

Shindo_Hikaru

Honor, Courage, Commitment

• PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Joined 14-June 06
Sounds like fun. Seams like standard equipment in the USMC. Only differnce is the more equipment you carry depending on your MOS. I was in comm, Field Radio and Wireman. Usually add another 100 lbs to standard gear.

The sands terrian in GITMO, Cuba is pretty bad, mountians, hills, beaches, and plenty of little critters called crabs. Hurts like hell when they pinch your legs. Did i mentions snakes as well.

EDIT - Getting off topic, Better stop while ahead.

Edited by Shindo_Hikaru, 04 August 2006 - 11:43 PM.

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable." - Christopher Reeve

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Joined 06-June 06
I smoked from 16 to 18 1pk a day and all of a sudden I just quit cold turkey. :)

nitroshift

nitroshift

Beware of programmers with screwdrivers!

• Super Moderator
  • 2,907 posts
  • Joined 29-November 05
I do smoke. It's my choice and I smoke whenever I want, IT'S MY OFFICE!!!! :ph34r:

Please read the rules, folks!

Stead

Stead

• PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Joined 04-January 05
lol i voted No and I hate smokers i don't really hate smokers, but i hate the idea of smoking :P

i think its up to anyone who wants to smoke if they wnt to, but i find it highly annoying when a smoke complains to me about his or her rights to smoke, and i think, what the hell, this is the ONLY non smoking bar in this area, there are 12 bars with 200 metres of this place, ALL of them allow smoking, so why go to the *ONLY* non smoking bar to complain about the fact you can't smoke, i get quite touchy because as much as it is their right to sit next to me and smoke, its as much my write to not want someon to blow smoke into my face, however i don't purposly go into places that people smoke heavily to complain about it, i accept that its my choice to go to these places.

Strangly enough a lot of bar owners were said they were against banning smoking becuse it would drive away customers, this non smoking place is the only place which is always full, and always has people waiting to get in outside, doesn't that say something?

anyways ya, smoke if you want to, jsut don't smoke purely to get touchy about how its your right to smoke.

also a friend of mine she is a nurse, well she smokes, but she finds it disgusting when people smoke when pregnant, she delivered her first baby 2 weeks ago, the mother refused to give up smoking, she told me when it was delivered you could smell the smoke on the baby, it was less than a minute old and already smoke stained. I find that disgusting.

anyways :P soz! but i've just had enough of 'its my right to smoke' talk, I love polite smokers, i used to know a girl who whenever she wanted a cigerate she would go outside and smoke not to bother anyone, we didn't even mind her smoking around because she was so nice about it!

Toontwnca

Toontwnca

• 18 posts
  • Joined 16-October 07
Ex smoker. Quit about 15 years ago.

Idontwantspam

Idontwantspam

Nerd-in-Chief

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Joined 25-February 07
NO NO NO!!!
Smoking is baaaaaaaaaaadd for you. My grandpa died of lung cancer from smoking :(
I voted no rather than no I hate smokers. Why? Well, it does p*** me off when people smoke in public and I am forced to inhale their nasty fumes, but I do not hate them - I hate the greedy tobacco companies. They're just in it to make money, but so many people die from smoking.
-Idontwantspam

What's your home network like?
Windows 7: It does fancy!

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,921 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

I smoke but am an anti-smoking advocate. Nothing beats handing out "Smoke Free NY" stickers while smoking a cigarette.\

Besides, all smokers plan to quit, it just doesn't always work out that way.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

fivestars

fivestars

Junior

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 30-October 07
I don't like smoking , that's not a good habit , not good for health .

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,828 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
Did you know that white people kill more people than smoking or being around smokers does every day???

Should we ban white people?

P.S. Before you jump me I AM white :P

amigafan

amigafan

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 24-April 04
I've smoked for about 18 years now. It's expensive, unhealthy, anti-social to some people, but the fact is that I was stupid enough to start and now I'm addicted. I want to stop but willpower isn't something I have in abundance.

Regarding the expense, does anyone realise how much other taxes would/will increase if all smokers actually kicked the habit? Here in the UK at least half the price of cigarettes and tobacco is tax. If the government can't get any cash from that, income tax will rise, road tax will increase, the duty on petrol will be raised, VAT will go up.

As for the health risks, what won't cause cancer these days? A recent news report linked various cancers to red meat, alcohol, even being overweight. When my father gave up smoking he piled on the weight. Great, you give up smoking and run the risk of getting another kind of cancer instead.

Lastly, the anti-social aspect. Well, I've met plenty of non-smoking, violent, foul mouthed yobs who do far more damage to society than cigarettes. At least a cigarette is gone after a few minutes.

I know that none of the above justify smoking, I just want the doom-mongering, anti-smoking preachers to realise that if/when I give up, they'll still have plenty to whine and worry about.

Did you know that white people kill more people than smoking or being around smokers does every day???

Should we ban white people?

P.S. Before you jump me I AM white :P

By white people, I would assume that means white Americans? If so, feel free to ban them.
"I may be drunk, but you are ugly, and in the morning I will be sober."

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,828 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
Naw I was generalizing all white people Ya know american, english, scottish, italian and on and on....

MrCobra

MrCobra

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 16-July 04

I don't smoke, I hate when peoples smoke next to me, specially at the bus stop.

I'm a smoker (sadly) and I hate being around people that smoke. If I feel the need to light up outside, I do so well enough away from people and downwind from them. I don't smoke in my house either. Having an unhealthy habit is one thing, but please be considerate of others.

I'm down to less than 15 smokes a week. Now if I can make it to zero...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users